"All passengers booked on Mumbai bound flights are being notified via SMS, calls, emails with revised schedule updates", the National Carrier IndiGo said. Besides, the heavy rains, the civic body had to tackle with the menace of wrong messages sent by rumour mongers throughout the day.
In Nashik, Kolhapur and Pune districts, torrential rains resulted in lowlying areas getting flooded in the major cities and hampering normal movement of people and traffic. A second runway is operating at the moment. The condition of those diverted to other airports was equally messy. All domestic flights got delayed by at least 10 minutes to one hour, except one domestic flight (9W376) of SpiceJet from Hyderabad to Mumbai, which was delayed by four hours. Central Railway and Western Railway ran lesser services.
A 22-member Zimbabwe Under-19 team, which was supposed to reach Mumbai on Tuesday, has been stranded at Nagpur's Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport since overnight. They hadn't boarded till the time of going to press. Over 100 flights, including worldwide flights, were cancelled. The dabbawallas are known for their efficient time management in delivering food from home to the office. "The flight has been rescheduled to 1 am Thursday", Udaiver said. Last month a bout of heavy rainfall in the city also led to the cancellation and delay of flights right up till the next day.
As per India Meteorological Department, the Santacruz observatory recorded 225.3 mm rain from 8.30 am to 11.30 pm last night. Mumbai received rainfall between 40 mm and 130 mm on Tuesday and more rainfall is predicted for Wednesday.
Once Again Mumbai lashes with heavy rains on Tuesday, bringing the city to a standstill again.
The incessant rains have caused water-logging in at leas five areas including Andheri Subway, Hindmata, Mithibai junction on SV Road in Vile Parle, Milan Subway in Santa Cruz, and on Veera Desai Road.
As many as 56 flights were diverted to nearby airports. We continue to closely monitor the situation in Mumbai. The actors are scheduled to return to Mumbai today. Guests are advised to check flight status before leaving for the airport. "Please rain gods, let me fly out".
- Ander Herrera To Sign New Manchester United Contract Before December
- Amazon reportedly working on Alexa-powered smart glasses
- Nest unveils new outdoor camera, doorbell, and home security system
- Two more arrests in Wales over London Underground bombing
- United States exhausting patience for diplomatic solution to North Korea crisis: McMaster, Haley
- Hogan opposes latest version of Obamacare repeal bill
- Trump, Xi to push for greater pressure on North Korea through UNSC
- Deadly Quake Rocks Mexico, Death Toll Now 138
- Debut trailer for the New Tomb Raider Movie Releases Online
- Apple Pay Cash Is Coming To iOS 11 In A Future Update