The vehicle is expected to be priced for wealthier clients, not the "mass market", the BBC said.
The as-yet-unnamed vehicle is going to be developed at Dyson headquarters in Malmesbury, Wiltshire, and considering it's such a stretch from the products that Dyson now makes, the company is going to have to do some serious expanding. The company hasn't said when it might market this vehicle in the USA, but it's intended as a prototype for Honda electrics worldwide.
Machine will have significant differences from its direct competitors on the market. "There's no point doing something that looks like everyone else's", he said. That's no longer a rumor, as the company has confirmed that it's working on a battery electric vehicle with an all-electric drivetrain to be launched by 2020.
Dyson has been investing in battery technology for several years. It acquired a Michigan-based battery technology company, Sakti3, in 2015.
At present the company has 400 staff working on the auto project, and has committed 2.0 billion pounds ($3.4 billion) in funds to bring the vehicle to reality.
An email went out explaining the company's history with air pollution and vehicles, which goes back to 1988 when Dyson worked on filtering vehicle exhaust.
Add to the costliness of manufacturing an EV, Dyson will have to compete with Tesla for its cult-like following.
That might change in the future however, as the company has announced plans to create its own electric cars.
"Wherever we make the battery, we'll make the vehicle, that's logical", he said. Today, only a handful of homes have these hook-ups. Dyson now makes products in Singapore, Malaysia and the Philippines.
The disclosure was formally made today following a rising tide of speculation, but comes after broad plans were accidentally outed in a government National Infrastructure Delivery Plan published previous year.
British technology company Dyson has already applied their design sensibilities to products like vacuum cleaners, hand driers, and bladeless fans.
- Trending Stock Analysis: Vornado Realty Trust (VNO)
- Trump Doesn't Regret NFL Anthem Fight, Press Secretary Says
- Carmelo Anthony To New York: 'I Will Always Love You'
- Palestinian gunman kills three at West Bank settlement
- Spain to send extra police to try to halt Catalan referendum
- Macron presents vision for post-Brexit Europe
- Locals react to National Football League protests
- Ray Parlour claims Edinson Cavani would be the flawless signing for Everton
- Russian Football Fans to Meet Liverpool, Manchester Counterparts With Gifts
- Spurs survive late comeback to beat West Ham