Achieving the goals of the Swachh Bharat Mission by October 2, 2019, will be an appropriate tribute to the Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi, on his 150th birth anniversary.
At an event held at the United Nations headquarters in NY to commemorate the International Day of Non-Violence, the top Indian diplomat said the three leaders advocated non-violence to usher social and political changes that were national in nature.
Mahatma,"The man of the peace" gave the nation the sense of Non-violence and Non-cooperation that actually played a crucial part in the nation getting free from the slavery of the "White skin" people.
This will mean stepping up its efforts in conflict prevention, he said. A documentary on the life of Mahatma Gandhi was shown at the occasion too. Uma Jee sang the famous hymn of Gandhiji titled "Baishanab Jan to tene kahiye jo peer parai jane re" on the occasion.
"Gandhiji's teachings on non-violence will always be relevant". I bow to beloved Bapu on #GandhiJayanti.
During the even Lajack, expressing his grief said that Gandhi did not dream of this world, he always against violence and exactly the opposite is happening today. Many actors still use violence as their tool of choice.
Visvesvaraya Technological University celebrated 148th birth anniversary of Mahatama Gandhi and also remembered former prime minister Lal Bahadur Shastri on his 114th birth anniversary.
Designed and created by Indian sculptors Ram Sutar and his son Anil Sutar, the effigy depicts Gandhi holding a stick in one hand and the "Bhagavad Gita" in the other.
After garlanding the Gandhi statue at M.G. Road, Mr Raj while delivering his speech said the Palike was commemorating the 148th death anniversary of the Mahatma.
- Browns in shambles after rout by Bengals
- Windstream Holdings, Inc. (WIN) Downgraded to "Strong Sell" at ValuEngine
- Las Vegas official: Blood donation centers are 'overwhelmed,' don't need more donations
- Ford Higher On Better-Than-Expected Auto Sales
- Weiss, Barish, Thorne Win Nobel Physics Prize
- Myanmar could take back Rohingyas who fled to Bangladesh after violence
- No Malaysian victim in killings at Las Vegas concert
- CHIP in Limbo: 79000 Mississippi Kids Could Lose Health Insurance
- CP NewsAlert: Aunt confirms fourth Canadian dead in Las Vegas mass shooting
- Man posts chilling video of hotel room used by Vegas shooter