They wouldn't say how they are reconciling information put out by police and the man they went to church with.
Mathews didn't call to report his daughter missing until five hours later, according to Perlich, who was unavailable for additional comment early Monday. Mathews also told detectives that he knew coyotes were seen in the area where he left his daughter. She was said to have been malnourished and physically underdeveloped at the time and does not have the same language skills as a typical 3-year-old, Perlich said.
Police arrested Wesley Mathews Saturday evening on a charge of abandoning or endangering a child.
Wesley Mathews was released Sunday after posting $250,000 bond, The Dallas Morning News reports.
A police spokesperson wrote on Facebook: 'We are now looking for a three-year-old child. There's still no sign of Sherin Mathews. Mathews told police he checked on Sherin about 3:15 a.m. and she was gone, the affidavit said.
The small girl, who was last seen wearing black leggings with a pink shirt and pink sandals, has not been seen since then.
Sherin is described as 3-feet tall and 22 pounds with black hair. "As far as why she was out there, how long she was out there, that's the questions we have for the parents". An Amber Alert was issued Saturday afternoon.
The backyard of the Mathews' home is adjacent an alley and railroad tracks.
After her disappearance, police towed the family's vehicles to search for evidence and went door-to-door through the family's neighborhood using search dogs in attempts to locate the girl.
Mr Mathews told investigators it was not unusual for the girl to wake up late at night to eat so that her weight would increase, Sgt Perlich said.
- Dianne Feinstein To Run For Fifth Term
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare's Halloween Event is now underway
- Texas student sues school over Pledge of Allegiance dispute
- Officer plans to appeal firing in nurse arrest
- Revisiting Amitabh Bachchan's love for cricket on his 75th birthday
- Georges St-Pierre Responds to Conor McGregor Call-Out Rumors
- Quarterly Financial Update for Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ:CMCSA)
- Australia dual citizenship saga: Court hearing begins
- Western Digital Corporation (NASDAQ:WDC) Under Analyst Spotlight
- West Nile Virus detected in Santa Barbara County