Hundreds of passengers on an Emirates flight experienced a scary landing at Dusseldorf Airport in western Germany on Thursday, as powerful crosswinds seemed to almost knock the Airbus A380 off the runway.
While the aircraft's descent is relatively calm, the problems begin when the wheels touch down on the tarmac.
Emirates' Flight EK55 video has gone viral with 4.24 million views since it was first posted on October 5 in Bogdan's YouTube channel Cargospotter, and continues to gather views.
The plane then sways precariously for several seconds before the pilot skillfully manages to centre the plane and land safely.
And as it lands, the plane jerks violently from right to left, before the pilots regain control and straighten up the craft.
Passengers in a Emirates A380 jet got a very bumpy ride as it touched down in strong crosswinds in Germany.
The hurricane strength winds hit as storm Xavier swept across Germany.
The worst of the damage has been concentrated in the northeast, with trains between Berlin, Hanover, Hamburg and Keil cancelled until further notice on Friday morning, The Local reports.
"I have never seen such a tremendous reaction of an aeroplane after a touchdown", he added.
Despite its weight, the video shows how easily the craft is affected by the strong winds. Even after an unexpected wind gust after touchdown they managed to re-align with the runway. "Incredible job by the pilots", Bogdan said.
- Lewis Hamilton: I didn't want to let Max Verstappen have another win
- Emerson Electric Company (EMR) Given Sell Rating at Citigroup Inc
- Namibia: More Than 100 Hippos Die In Suspected Anthrax Outbreak
- 1.04 is Equifax Inc's (NYSE:EFX) Institutional Investor Sentiment
- Range Rover PHEV Price and Specification Revealed
- Rush to spend old pounds will leave stores quids in
- Federal Bureau of Investigation rechecks Vegas gunman's house — WHAT'S HAPPENING
- Ivana Trump Takes Credit For President Trump's Success, Bashes Marla Maples
- Dolphins defense graded high in 16-10 victory over Titans
- Standpoint Research Cuts Rating On Symantec Corporation (SYMC) To "Hold"