It took Michael Bisping 20 or 30 minutes of needling and placing hands on Georges St-Pierre, but he finally got the reaction that he wanted out of the former UFC welterweight champion.
St-Pierre is prepping for his upcoming UFC 217 fight against Michael Bisping on November 4 at Madison Square Garden - one that has already drawn tons of attention in the UFC world.
If St-Pierre were to beat Bisping at UFC 217, he would be champion two weight classes above McGregor. At Friday's UFC 217 promotional press conference in Las Vegas, he did just that.
However, the 36-year-old insists he was only in attendance because he was asked to by the higher-ups of the UFC while adding that he is not interested in dropping weight classes to fight McGregor.
Bisping's tactics ranged from an imitation of St-Pierre's French-Canadian accent to criticizing what St-Pierre was wearing.
"Everything is possible but everybody is targeting Conor McGregor because the money", St-Pierre said. They could meet in the middle if a fight ever were to come together, but St-Pierre said he doesn't see it as realistic, mainly because he has no desire to chase a smaller fighter. But I don't challenge guys that compete in lower weight class divisions.
If St-Pierre emerges victorious, many have speculated that he'll vacate the title and go after a "super fight" with McGregor.
"That's why I've been preparing myself for more than six months to fight Bisping". I'm looking up."He's an wonderful fighter, it would be an incredible honor, but I don't know", St-Pierre continued". But, I don't know.
Yet St-Pierre cleared that up. So if I do something, I want to focus on it and do it well. More radical changes of direction have happened in the past, but St-Pierre said he's not going to attempt to move mountains for McGregor.
"You would have put a three-foot midget, and (I wouldn't want to fight him)".
- Standpoint Research Cuts Rating On Symantec Corporation (SYMC) To "Hold"
- Half of the universe's missing matter has been found
- West Nile Virus detected in Santa Barbara County
- Drunk subway passenger defends repeated racial slurs
- British-Iranian woman jailed in Tehran faces more charges
- Crown Castle International Corp (NYSE:CCI) Sentiment Up, Despite
- American Horror Story Edits Mass Shooting Scene After Las Vegas Massacre
- Emerson Electric Company (EMR) Given Sell Rating at Citigroup Inc
- SpaceX Launches 10 Iridium NEXT Satellites Into Orbit
- Donald Trump "Not At All" Surprised by Harvey Weinstein Allegations