In an intense operation on Wednesday morning in Hajin, Bandipur, two terrorists were killed.
"As the security forces came close to the house where the militants were hiding, they were fired at by hiding militants triggering an encounter in which two militants were killed", sources said.
Two security personnel lost their lives in the gunfight and there are reports of two soldiers having sustained critical injuries during the gunfight.
"He was killed in a joint operation by the Jammu and Kashmir Police's Special Operation Group, local police, the CRPF and the Army", he had said.
One of the terrorists, who was gunned down in Gatipora village, was identified as Abid. The Director General of Jammu and Kashmir police SP Vaid termed it as a major breakthrough.
As per reports, the security forces had cordoned off Gatipora village after receiving inputs of terrorists present in the area.
The gunfight broke out just two days after forces on Monday killed top Jaish-e-Mohammed militant commander Umer Khalid in Ladoora area of North Kashmir.
- Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp (CTSH) Stake Raised by Swiss National Bank
- W/Cup Qualifier: Super Eagles to train in Morocco for Algeria match
- Google platforms 'used by Russian Federation to influence United States election'
- High Court Dismisses One Trump Travel Ban Case, May Drop Second
- Texas student sues school over Pledge of Allegiance dispute
- Pfizer may sell consumer unit
- FEMA head Brock Long dismisses San Juan mayor's complaints: 'Political noise'
- Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO), Neothetics, Inc. (NEOT)
- Equifax ups its estimates of British victims of hack to 700000
- Half of the universe's missing matter has been found