"Pakistani army resorted to unprovoked heavy firing and mortar shelling on army positions and civilian areas from 7 am in Mendhar, Balakote sectors in Poonch and Manjkote sector in Rajouri", defence sources said.
The injured included three labourers and a woman in the Mankote area, a police officer said.
The Indian Army is strongly retaliating to it and the firing is still on. "All the injured persons were shifted to hospital for treatment".
Police said the Pakistanis targeted civilian areas, including 18 villages near the Line of Control (LoC) in Mankote and Balakote areas in Poonch district and Manjakote area in Rajouri district.
Three vehicles and electrical equipment were also damagedin the Pakistani shelling, the reports said.
In Balakote, several cars suffered damages due to continuous firing from across the border, as per ANI.
At least seven civilians were injured as Pakistan violated ceasefire along the Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri and Poonch districts on Wednesday morning.
A day before that, an army jawan and a porter were killed and six others injured when Pakistani troops violated the ceasefire and resorted to shelling on the forward areas along the LoC in the Poonch district.
The ceasefire violations, which amounted to 228 in 2016, have reached 503 this year (till October 5).
- Everton boss Ronald Koeman confirms he tried to sign Manchester United player
- 46% think media make up stories about Trump
- Royal Bank Of Canada Reiterates "Buy" Rating for Core Laboratories NV (CLB)
- Russian 'It Girl' Ksenia Sobchak announces Kremlin bid
- Britain says chances of resolving Northern Ireland impasse 'not positive'
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Ultra Challenge DLC Released
- Billy Joel and Wife Alexis Roderick Are Expecting Baby No. 2
- Next Weeks Broker Price Targets For Banco Santander Chile (NYSE:BSAC)
- Bulls' Bobby Portis Suspended for Socking Teammate ... Breaking His Jaw
- Asia Cup: India,South Korea manage 1-1 draw