The developers of Pokemon Go confirmed today in a blog post that Gen. 3 Pokemon are arriving, the first of those through a Halloween event. For the first time, third-gen Pokemon will be included. The event will begin tomorrow, October 20th, and will run through November 1st.
It's been a badly kept secret for a few days now but Generation III Pokémon are officially heading to Pokémon GO as part of 2017's Halloween event. Someone saw within the latest update a reveal in the code that pointed to new Pokémon being added to the game with the newest update. Mimikyu was actually introduced in Pokemon Sun and Moon.
The image features Gen 3 Pokemon like Shuppet, Banette, Sableye, Duskull and Dusclops. Niantic says the event will see "an increased number of spooky Pokemon such as Gastly, Cubone, Misdreavus, Houndour, and more", while "special Pikachu" wearing a Halloween costume will also be out and about.
Halloween is all about Candy and Pokemon Go is giving players plenty of chances to stock up on sweets for their Pokemon.
Additionally, during this event, rewards will be doubled and players will also be able to collect Mimikyu's Disguise Hat. It seems that Niantic has taken those criticisms on board as Pokemon GO should offer players plenty of entertainment from now right through until the new year.
Niantic and the Pokemon Company have been teasing Pokemon GO trainers with the prospect of a Pokemon GO Gen 3 release all month long.
"This EX Raid only lasts for 45 minutes, probably as an experiment to see how EX raid duration affects player engagement and attendance".
- Boston Celtics vs. Milwaukee Bucks - 10/18/17 NBA Pick, Odds, and Prediction
- Minecraft skins on the Play Store discovered as malware
- Standard Chartered closed Gupta accounts three years ago
- Netflix releases new featurette for Bright starring Will Smith and Joel Edgerton
- What Kinds of Businesses Get Helped by the Republican Tax Plan?
- Volvo unveils Polestar model in China, looks to rival Tesla 3
- Fabin not satisfied with Ghana's conversion rate in Niger victory
- In Picture: Sanjay Dutt's pre-Diwali celebrations
- All Hindu-Muslim marriages are not love-jihad: HC
- Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO) and Hess Corporation (HES) Go Head-to-head