The project is targeted at developers and the Samsung DeX docking device. Samsung is hoping to pull more users away from their laptops/desktops into committing to their ecosystem, though Linux on Galaxy is still experimental. Please provide your email address and we will notify you once the Project goes public so you can try it yourself.
For those who had already embraced the Kshs 15,000 accessory, support for more games like those in the Final Fantasy franchise, has been added, taking advantage of the Vulkan API, the 3D graphics platform that was baked into Android with the release of Nougat a year ago and available on Samsung devices since the release of the Galaxy S7 thanks to Samsung being a launch partner.
The DeX transforms a Samsung Galaxy phone into a desktop PC.
Dex works with a variety of apps, including Microsoft Office and Samsung mobile apps that have been resized for a larger display.
"This represents a significant step forward for software developers, who can now set up a fully functional development environment with all the advantages of a desktop setting that is accessible anytime, anywhere". When docked, these apps will shift to a desktop-style user interface for easier use with a mouse and keyboard. This device was basically designed and introduced to bring a desktop-like experience to the smartphone.
"Our collaboration with key partners such as Adobe and Microsoft was essential in the development of Samsung DeX, as they share our vision for building excellence in mobile productivity. Samsung DeX redefines what a smartphone can do to keep mobile workers productive".
With DeX, you can have Ubuntu 16.04 or another distribution running on the DeX dock via connected peripherals. If you are interested in signing up, you can do so here. This means employees can use their S8 as a thin client to access all their Windows enterprise apps without needing a laptop.
- Amit Shah to join 'Janaraksha Yatra' on its last day in Thiruvananthapuram
- Apple Watch saves U.S. man's life
- 'Sex brings down kingdoms': Massive prostitution sting results in 277 arrests
- Windows 10 on ARM Promises Multi-Day Battery Life
- Shadow Of War May Force You To Splurge On Storage!
- China's economy grew 6.8% in the 3rd quarter
- American Express Company (NASDAQ:AXP) Expected To Report Earnings On Wednesday
- Synchronoss Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:SNCR) Broker Price Targets For The Coming Week
- Jameer Nelson Reportedly Released by Nuggets After 3 Seasons with Team
- Trump denies 'hurtful' remark to grieving widow