During an interview this weekend, former President Jimmy Carter said the media had been harder on President Trump than any other president he's ever known.
He added, the press feels free to claim President Trump is mentally deranged without hesitation.
In addition, Carter also doesn't share the criticism that Trump's current "America First" strategy is out of step with the larger world, spoiling worldwide relations.
Kneeling or sitting during the national anthem began with NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick a year ago as a protest against police brutality and racial injustice.
"I think they ought to find a different way to object, to demonstrate".
President Trump has been critical of the mainstream media, consistently blasting outlets for covering him unfairly.
"At the Carter Center", the former president said, "we deal with Putin and the Russians quite frequently concerning Syria".
Carter also disagreed with Democrats, and his own wife, on Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election helping President Trump. But he explained he and his wife voted for a different candidate. "We never take any out", he said, implying the Clinton Foundation does.
Speaking earlier to Emory University students, Carter argued that the "pressures and the publicity that Trump has brought to the immigration issue" could even yield comprehensive immigration law changes that Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama could not achieve.
"I don't know what they'll do", he said of Pyongyang.
"But I announced when I was defeated I was not going to be on corporate boards, I was not going to try to enrich myself with speeches".
Naturally, the New York Times put it into perspective for folks: "Jimmy Carter Lusts for a Trump Posting".
"He made some very wonderful statements, in my opinion, when he first got in office, and then he reneged on that", Carter said of Obama's Middle East policies.
Carter said he's willing to go to North Korea on a diplomatic mission to wade into the escalating tensions over nuclear weapons. Because they want to save their regime. Carter said he has offered his services to National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster, but the Trump administration has yet to accept.
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Renewed for Season 2 By CBS!
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, Inc. (NASDAQ:RRGB) Under Analyst Spotlight
- Who was your man of the match vs Watford?
- 'It's everywhere': Amal Clooney has faced sexual harassment, George says
- Adobe Systems Incorporated (ADBE) Shares Sold by The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company
- Trump hits National Football League over continued protests: 'No leadership'
- CIA Takes More Aggressive Role in Afghanistan
- Earnings on the Doorstep For Illinois Tool Works Inc
- Ahly squashes Tunisian rival Étoile du Sahel, qualifies for CAF Champions final
- Keefe, Bruyette & Woods Reaffirms Buy Rating for Apollo Global Management, LLC (APO)