One person has died and nine others were injured, two critically, after they were stabbed in an apparently random killing spree at a shopping centre in Stalowa Wola, southeastern Poland.
His weapon was a knife, and a 50-year-old woman who was attacked at the mall died later in the hospital, Anna Klee, the regional police spokeswoman in Rzeszow, was quoted as saying by the PAP news agency.
Around eight people were injured after being attacked with a "sharp tool", and have been taken to hospitals in Stalowa Wola, Tarnobrzeg and Sandomierz. One other person had lighter injuries and another was being treated for shock.
Mr Pobuta said there's "no terrorist or ideological context for the attack, it is rather his poor psychological condition".
The man attacked six women and four men aged between 18 and 50, aiming mainly for the head and chest.
Police spokesman Mariusz Ciarka added the attacker wasn't drunk at the time of the attack but that blood tests are being done to determine if he was under the influence of drugs.
The alleged attacker was a 27-year-old Polish resident of the town, he said.
Andrzej Wierszyna told reporters that the man, who was detained soon after the attack, had a sharp tool with him.
- Barclays Maintains Rating And Raises Price Target On PayPal Holdings, Inc. (PYPL)
- Comprehensive Stock Analysis Of Weatherford International plc (WFT)
- The Canaccord Genuity Reaffirmed "Hold" Rating for the Fluor Corporation (FLR)
- Seven killed, six injured in roof collapse incident in Bajaur Agency
- Driver Hospitalized In Freeway Shooting On I-380 In San Bruno
- The EULAV Asset Management Has $10197000 Position in J & J Snack Foods Corp. (JJSF)
- Juniper Networks, Inc. (JNPR) Rating Reiterated by Needham & Company LLC
- Medidata Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ:MDSO) Experiences Light Trading Volume
- "Hey Google" wakeup command slowly rolling out to phones
- (TRP) Set to Announce Quarterly Earnings on Monday