"Weber, 24, a defensive specialist, will initially report to the Rockets' G League affiliate in Rio Grande, but he will have the opportunity to be called up to Houston - especially with the absence of All-Star point guard Chris Paul".
ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski has also reported that Paul could be sidelined for two to four weeks while he recovers from the bone bruise in his left knee, and he added that the Rockets are looking to add a point guard.
Due to National Basketball Association rules, Weber, under his two-way contract, can spend no more than 45 days on the Rockets' roster.
Weber's deal includes a team option for the 2018-19 season, league sources said.
The 24-year-old went undrafted back in 2015, and has bounced around the National Basketball Association and in the G-League. During that time, Weber averaged 4.8 points, four rebounds, 3.3 assists and 1.5 steals in 27.7 minutes per game, shooting 34.2 percent from the floor.
Paul labored through Houston's season-opening win at Golden State on Tuesday. He saw action a year ago for the Charlotte Hornets, and appeared in 13 games for them.
- Xbox Store Shows Western Release Date For Dragon Ball FighterZ
- John Stamos Announces His Engagement in the Most Prince Charming of Ways
- Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX) Stake Decreased by Monarch Capital Management Inc
- Lili Reinhart Has Apologized for That Controversial Halloween Tweet
- Jayant Rikhye appointed as HSBC CEO for India
- Court awards N2m against police over arrest of Evans the kidnapper's in-law
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufactur (NYSE:TSM) Traded 6.8% Above Its 50 Day Average
- Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, Inc. (NASDAQ:RRGB) Under Analyst Spotlight
- Most expensive cars in the world: review of 2018
- Bob Dylan Performs "Learning To Fly" In Honor of Tom Petty