Goals from Pedro, Cesar Azpilicueta and two from Michy Batshuayi was enough to relieve some of the pressure hanging over the head of Antonio Conte. Batshuayi added his second, and Chelsea's fourth, in stoppage time.
The win was crucial for a Chelsea side that had gone three games without victory, especially considering the loss to Crystal Palace last time out in the league.
The home fans sang Conte's name and the 48-year-old can at least be confident he has their backing even if nobody outside the boardroom knows just how anxious owner Roman Abramovich is right now.
"I must be honest. I did this last season, I'm doing it this season and I will never be anxious about this". I was pleased for the performance of the players that changed the game.
"If the club decides to sack me, honestly, I don't feel this pressure. When I go to my house I am happy because I know I am putting 150 percent for my club and my players are doing the same". "They could have scored three or four in that second half", he said on Chelsea TV.
'Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. every coach during a game it is important to understand the situation to change.
"The confidence is not high for the players".
"I think my relationship with the fans is incredible", he said.
'I'm very happy, mostly for the three points in a hard moment, and now we must focus on the next game'. Maybe the worst moment for us.
Richarlison then missed a golden opportunity to put Watford ahead four minutes after the restart having been picked out at the far post by Kiko Femnia, the Brazilian somehow missing the target from six yards when it was easier to score.
"We had clear chances to finish the match at 3-1 but they achieved an unfair result. I am different", he said.
Chelsea made sure of the points in injury time when Batshuayi got his second, a mistake at the back gifting the Belgian a great chance as he held of Christian Kabasele to steer the ball past Gomes. However, Marco Silva's Watford will certainly not make life easy for them, especially if one considers their excellent away record in the Premier League this season. "It was a really unfair result".
- Abbott Laboratories (ABT) - Barclays Maintains Rating And Updates Price Target
- Ahly squashes Tunisian rival Étoile du Sahel, qualifies for CAF Champions final
- Earnings on the Doorstep For Illinois Tool Works Inc
- Windies Women complete T20I series whitewash against Sri Lanka
- Alliancebernstein LP Lowers Stake in Getty Realty Corporation (GTY)
- Driver Hospitalized In Freeway Shooting On I-380 In San Bruno
- John Stamos Announces His Engagement in the Most Prince Charming of Ways
- UN, AU call for peaceful election in Kenya
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Renewed for Season 2 By CBS!
- Supersport United through to the CAF Confederations Cup final