The tunnel was discovered on October 15 by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees, which runs the school, and Israeli authorities were notified, the UNRWA said in a statement released Saturday.
A spokesman for the Israeli army said that they blew up tunnels along the Gaza Strip border, near the Kissufim military base.
Following the meeting, Mitzna told Israel Broadcast Corporation (Kan) that Abbas has "proven that he is a partner for peace" and said that PA security forces are working diligently to scuttle terror attacks against Israelis in Judea and Samaria. He gave no details.
He could not confirm whether the tunnel belonged to Hamas, which runs the Gaza Strip, but said Israel nevertheless holds the Islamist movement responsible for all such activity from the Palestinian enclave.
Asked by reporters if Hamas, rather than another armed faction, had dug it, Conricus said: "I can not confirm that". "We declare that our decision is a Palestinian, independent, national decision, and we will not go back to division", he added.
JERUSALEM --Two Israeli delegations met with senior Palestinian politicians in Ramallah on Sunday, bowing to stiff pressure from the Trump administration and a concerted American effort to restart the peace process.
There was no immediate response from Hamas.
Manelis refrained from answering whether the tunnel was dug by Hamas or Islamic Jihad.
Israel has warned that it will not accept a unity government that includes Hamas if it does not disarm and recognise the country, among other demands.
According to the Palestinian News Agency Wafa, the meeting focused on Israeli settlements and on lifting the blockade of the Gaza Strip, as well as financial issues related to financial entitlements provided by the Palestinian Authority.
On Saturday, the main United Nations welfare agency for Palestinians said it had discovered "what appeared to be a tunnel" underneath one of its schools in Gaza on Oct 15 and had sealed the cavity.
"Yet another terror tunnel under an UNRWA schoolyard".
- Short Interest in Nabors Industries Ltd. (NBR) Grows By 17.9%
- Diagnosis of Bears TE Zach Miller's knee injury revealed by John Fox
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc
- Strayer Education, Capella to merge in $1.9B deal
- Korean actor Kim Joo-hyuk killed in vehicle crash
- Octopuses Crawl Out Of Sea, 'Invade' British Beach In Terrifying Video
- GameStop PowerPass rental details leak
- IPhone X And Face ID Appear On New Video
- Iran says talks unlikely without change in United States behavior
- Brooke Vincent Is The First Celebrity Confirmed For New Series