Blizzard launched StarCraft II seven years ago, and it had a lot to live up to after the phenomenal success of the original game.
If you miss getting Heart of the Swarm for free, no worries!
Diablo 2 also has its own set of problems, such as a leaderboard overrun by hackers, which in turn destroys any hope players have of seeing their names at the top of them.
The game's ranked online multiplayer mode is also free.
You will need to unlock that multiplayer mode first by gaining 10 "First Wins of the Day" in unranked games or against the computer. As for co-op commander missions, all commanders will be free-to-play up to level 5 with Kerrigan, Artanis and Raynor available for uncapped progression beyond that. There have always been premium cosmetic upgrades in StarCraft II, and that will continue to be the case.
Overall, Blizzard's stance seems to be that changing the games as-is would mean frustrating the current player base or additional work that needs to be done beyond the remastering process. You still have to build additional pylons-no one's going to try and sell you packs of pylons for $0.99.
For those of you who invested in the full experience, you'll be able to grab yourself an Eidolon Ghost skin and three portraits that glorify your new founder status.
If you are not a StarCraft II player then this is the ideal time to give it a try. If you purchased the first StarCraft 2 chapter before October 31, you can grab Heart of the Swarm for free by logging into Battle.Net on your desktop.
- Netflix severs ties with Kevin Spacey amid harassment allegations
- Intel, AMD co-develop new processor with Intel CPU and AMD GPU
- Honor 7X coming to India next month with an aggressive price-tag
- HI announces cash awards for Asia Cup-winning women's team
- Zimbabwe´s Robert Mugabe sacks vice president seen as likely successor
- Michael Emenalo quits Chelsea in major blow to Roman Abramovich
- Are GOP tax cuts aimed at Democratic states?
- Brexit Transition Deal Vital For UK Business, May Says
- Time for 'patience' on North Korea is over, says Trump
- 'Thor: Ragnarok' Has Massive Box Office Debut, Fourth Best Opening of 2017!