The Hawks were without five rotation players and had not won since opening night.
Rose will have to bring his A-game tonight against the reigning Rookie of the Year, Malcolm Brogdon - who grabbed the starting spot midway through last season and never gave it back.
Of course, the Bucks will bring a player off the bench tonight that'll get as big an ovation as any visitor when Matthew Dellavedova peels off the warm-ups.
If you took a poll of the Eastern Conference's three MVP candidates three games into the season in no particular order, the first scored 57 points on Friday night, the second was already mentioned atop KeyBank Key No. 2 and the third will start at forward for Milwaukee tonight. Schroeder scored 11 straight points in the third quarter to keep Atlanta ahead.
The Cavs have since fallen off significantly, losing a host of games against what was perceived as a particularly friendly schedule, while although Giannis' play has generally held up, the Bucks have learned they need to do more to support him.
Even more troubling is that the 14th-year pro is now passing up shot opportunities. Andrew Wiggins had a team-high 20 points for Minnesota, which hadn't won five in a row since January 2009.
Equally troubling, Cleveland has lost at home - the Cavs are 2-4 at The Q - to Orlando, New York, Indiana and Atlanta and on the road to Brooklyn and New Orleans while playing what has been a fairly easy schedule to date.
Frye said he should have made the 3-pointer in the closing seconds.
"It's no secret we're starting games off terrible", Wade said.
"It was ugly", center Kevin Love said. "Terrible. And they got it going early and the effort or the focus just wasn't there to start off and you try to battle back, you waste a lot of energy trying to come back from 16-18 down and it's tough nightly to do this. We have to go into games attacking". Porzingis added eight rebounds and six blocked shots in his seventh 30-point performance in nine games this season. So far this season, the Hawks averaged 102.7 points per game, 24th in the league.
A quick start tonight would certainly help James, Love, Smith and the rest of the Cavs, but Lue says it goes beyond that. We all have to put in the work to get out of this hole. "They know that, but it's all of us".
- Texans talked about adding Colin Kaepernick after Deshaun Watson injury
- NERD Unveil New Album with Kendrick Lamar, Rihanna, André 3000
- Mercedes-AMG CLA 45 and GLA 45 launched in India
- Allardyce denies Everton contact but is open to talks
- Avis Budget Group, Inc. (CAR), UDR, Inc. (UDR)
- Robo Sells 30000 Shares of NextEra Energy, Inc. (NEE) Stock
- 2 games, 3 days - Jurgen Klopp laments Liverpool's "crazy" festive fixture pile-up
- Keane not concerned by Hendrick absense
- Salman Khan's Tiger Zinda Hai trailer released
- Minister sacked over allegations about personal conduct found dead