With the victory, the Eagles make it seven consecutive wins and improve to an National Football League best 8-1 on the season.
Wentz was once again razor sharp, and after not throwing three touchdowns in a game during his rookie season, he has now topped three touchdowns in four of the Eagles last five games. His 199 yards through the air were his second-lowest total of the season, but that came in just three quarters of work in what quickly became a blowout.
It was the first time since 2013, against the Bears, that the Eagles scored 50 or more points; it was the first time since 2010, against Oakland, that the Broncos have allowed 50 or more points. They finished with 419 total yards and took advantage of two Broncos turnovers to move to 8-1 on the year. Cornerback Patrick Robinson intercepted quarterback Brock Osweiler at the Denver 32 and returned it to the Denver 15. The first 35 teams to start the season 8-1 all made it to the playoffs, so chances are excellent Philadelphia will be part of the postseason. The Colin Kaepernick question hangs over every team with a bad quarterback situation, and it's hard to argue he would not be a better option at this point.
The Eagles, meanwhile, seem to be overflowing with positional talent around Wentz.
For 2017 thus far, Anderson has rushed for 469 yards.
The third quarter began with the offense, as Clement scored his second touchdown of the day. Ajayi came over Tuesday in a deadline deal with the Miami Dolphins. After faking a handoff to Ajayi, Wentz made a running throw to Jeffery along the sideline for a 32-yard touchdown with 6:30 to go in the first. Tight end Trey Burton added to the lead midway through the second on a 27-yard touchdown reception from Wentz. His shoulder injury sounds like it's about two weeks away.
- Dustin Hoffman allegedly groped Meryl Streep's breast when they first met
- SteelSeries debuts Arctis 3 Bluetooth
- Forget What Wall Street Says: Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ), Comcast Corporation (CMCSA)
- Stock trading actively: Energy Transfer Partners, LP (ETP)
- NVDA) — NVIDIA Corporation (NASDAQ
- NASA asks for help to name New Horizons' next target for exploration
- Yesterday Stock's Trend: Time Warner Inc. (TWX), salesforce.com, inc. (CRM)
- Kenya: Olympic Champ Sumgong Handed Four-Year Ban
- Rosie O'Donnell Reveals She's In Love With A Younger Woman
- Have your say: Are you affected by the rail strikes?