For his part, Durant is averaging 24.8 points, 7.7 rebounds, 5.0 assists and an NBA-best 2.5 blocks per game.
The mismatch on paper became a stark reality in the third quarter, as Golden State poured in a head-turning 44 points and extended a one-point halftime lead into a commanding 19-point advantage before the fourth. Andre Iguodala got the nod in his place.
Golden State swatted away nine shots. "We have a couple more nights before our next game".
Because I like numbers and have an unusual fascination with Timberwolves history, I had to look back at how that mark compares with the 10-game records compiled by every Wolves team that has ever existed going back to 1989-90. Golden State is tied with the Houston Rockets atop the Western Conference.
This marked the first regular-season matchup between the teams after they played a pair of exhibition games in China last month.
That's not to say there weren't encouraging signs Wednesday, especially early.
The Warriors' Klay Thompson-Stephen Curry backcourt combined to score 50 points - Thompson 28, Curry 22 - before both sat for the game's final 5½ minutes. He was 6-for-12 from 3-point range.
Even with advantages down low, trading twos for threes is a formula for disaster against the defending champions.
He's also not above having some fun with the press, or at least that's what he appeared to be doing Wednesday night before his team's home game against the Minnesota Timberwolves.
KD hopes to play Saturday against the 76ers.
- Gun Control Shouldn't Be This Hard
- High Label Inaccuracy for Cannabidiol Products Bought Online
- President Trump will 'tweet whenever he wants' during China visit
- Harvey Weinstein reps 'do not believe' indictment is imminent
- Ed Westwick is Now Being Investigated by the LAPD for Alleged Rape
- The Micron Technology Inc. (MU) Price Target Raised to $25.00 at Nomura
- Research shows breast cancer can resurface 15 years after treatment
- Barkley Keeping His Head Up
- PH tried but stopped building in new West PH Sea feature
- Cornerstone OnDemand, Inc. (CSOD) Raised to "Neutral" at JP Morgan Chase & Co