Lead singer of the United States band Eagles of Death Metal, Jesse Hughes performs at Paris 11th district town hall, France, November 13, 2017, during a ceremony held for the victims of the Paris attacks which targeted the Bataclan concert hall as well as a series of bars and killed 130 people. Musicians such as Josh Homme and Elton John covered the song to raise money for victims' families after terrorists opened fire and left 89 dead at Le Bataclan concert on November 13th, 2015.
Eagles of Death Metal were headlining a concert at the theatre when three ISIS members carried out a mass shooting against the concert goers.
"I'm so happy and pleased to see all of you", the band's frontman Jesse Hughes told the audience gathered outside the town hall. Eagles of Death Metal's longtime merchandise manager Nick Alexander was among the fatalities.
Two years after the attack and one year after the re-opening, Eagles of Death Metal singer Jesse Hughes and guitarist Dave Catching performed near the venue, according to Rolling Stone.
President Macron and Anne Hidalgo, mayor of Paris, led a minute of silence before the victims names were read in remembrance.
The theatre was closed immediately following the attacks and reopened in November 2016 to a tribute performance from Sting.
"It is hard to not to remember the people who were taken from us like our friend Nick Alexander and so many others", he said.
- LA Kings Acquire Jussi Jokinen; Trade Mike Cammalleri to Edmonton Oilers
- Duke Basketball: Star Freshman Bagley Makes Early Impression on ACC
- State of Wisconsin Investment Board Acquires 93460 Shares of Amazon.com, Inc
- Vodafone Group PLC (VOD) Receiving Somewhat Positive News Coverage, Study Finds
- What do Insider Trends Have to Say About General Motors Company (GM)?
- UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (UNH) Shares Sold by CIBC World Markets Inc
- People names Blake Shelton its Sexiest Man Alive 2017
- Denver becomes one of several USA cities to ban cat declawing
- Angola Diamond To Sell For USD30M
- Digging Up the Facts on Union Pacific Corporation (UNP)