Ethiopian Airlines and Boeing [NYSE: BA] announced an order for four Boeing 777 Freighters - the world's largest and longest-range twin-engine cargo jet - in a deal valued at more than $1.3 billion at list prices.
However, the order for the jets whose production helps support thousands of jobs at Airbus's United Kingdom plants has so failed to materialise. The deal was announced on Tuesday on the third day of the Dubai Airshow, which continues until Thursday. However, there are huge doubts whether airlines who have ordered A380s will actually buy them.
Emirates' partnership with Boeing spans decades. "Some of these will be replacements so that we maintain a young and efficient fleet, and others will power our future network growth".
The aircraft are expected to be delivered in 2018 and 2019, with discussions still ongoing for options on the 777x passenger variant of the aircraft.
Singapore, 14 November 2017 - Emirates, announced at the weekend it has made a USD15.1 billion (AED 55.4 billion) commitment for 40 Boeing 787-10 Dreamliners. "The 787 that will be coming in is viewed as a much-needed support of the 777 that is already in our hangers, it is also a complement to the A380 line of planes we already have, more flexibility is availed us by this new batch giving us more capacity for service as we press on in the development of route network around the world". "The announcement that we make today also in its own way goes to tell of the confidence we have in the future of the aviation industry not only in the UAE but also in its surrounding region". Aircraft deliveries will begin 2022.
"We are honored that Ethiopian Airlines, one of Africa's leading carriers, has again selected Boeing airplanes to grow its operations, adding to an order book that includes the 737 MAX and 787 Dreamliner", said Boeing Commercial Airplanes President & CEO Kevin McAllister.
- Britain's Johnson to meet husband of aid worker jailed in Iran
- Analyst Insights On 2 Stocks: Oasis Petroleum Inc. (OAS), Oracle Corporation (ORCL)
- Lynne Brown reports to Guptas, says Eskom GM
- Russian Federation moves to label foreign media as 'foreign agents'
- Navios Maritime Holdings Inc. (NM) Analysts See $-0.22 EPS
- Robert John Terry Sells 7986 Shares of Skyworks Solutions, Inc. (SWKS) Stock
- Strs Ohio Lowers Stake in Medical Properties Trust, Inc. (NYSE:MPW)
- Zynga Inc. (NASDAQ:ZNGA) 52 Week low stands at 2.4
- Analyst Ideas For Two Stocks: Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK), Wells Fargo & Company
- Vegas Fugitive Added to FBI's Ten Most Wanted List