Alvin Graylin, head of HTC's VR business in the mainland, said the version for developers will soon be available in the market and the specific price tag will also be released.
In November 2016, HTC was forced to drop the price of their Vive VR system from $799 to $599 after Oculus drastically cut down the price of its product having same capability VR system from $798 to $399.
Why this matters: Mobile virtual reality will never be as potent as PC-based solutions like the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift, but many more people have phones than gaming-ready computers, and standalone headsets like the Vive Focus and Oculus Go eliminate even that modest outside requirement.
This device featured an AMOLED display and is powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 835 processor.
The world-famous Taiwanese manufacturer of smart-technology HTC unveiled during the conference, Developers Conference offline Vive Vive virtual reality helmet Focus.
The Vive Focus controller appears similar to the one that ships with Google and Samsung headsets. This gives you the opportunity HTC Vive Focus to be fully Autonomous and independent from external sensors. It has an attractive blue finish and has a slightly rounded design. According to device's website the headset supports something called World Sense which support six degrees of freedom which allows natural movements like ducking, leaning, and peeking. There is no confirmation on whether the VR headset will be made available in western markets. HTC will be also bringing games and VR experiences through Vivereport on Vive Focus.
On Tuesday, HTC also unveiled Vive Wave, a VR open platform and toolset that is created to promote the development of mobile VR by reducing the time and effort needed to transform PC VR content into those suitable for mobile devices.
The Vive Wave VR has been considered as "Daydream for China", referring to Google's VR platform Daydream.
A visitor checks out a Vive Focus at a developer conference held in Beijing. However, as mentioned above, the company is silent on the release date and pricing.
According to Bavor the Lenovo standalone headset running Daydream is now at pre-release, with more details expected soon.
- Russian Federation moves to label foreign media as 'foreign agents'
- Emirates Places Order for 40 Boeing 787
- Stars arrive in Australia ahead of I'm A Celebrity
- Kim Kardashian Reveals Gender of Her Third Child on 'Ellen'
- UK Egg Packaging Market 2017 - Brdrene Hartmann, Huhtamaki, Pactiv, Europack and CDL
- British YouTuber criticised for allegedly price-gouging Christmas calendar
- Golar LNG Partners LP (GMLP) EPS Estimated At $0.42
- At least three killed in California school shooting
- Panthers-Saints game on December 3 flexed to later start time
- Rocket League: Sony Wants No Association With Nintendo Switch!