A source from the sets reveals to Mirror, "Akshay prefers to shoot early in the morning but after discussing the schedule with Kapil's team, the schedule was slotted for 11am". The source said that the team kept calling Kapil Sharma to ask about his arrival. Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar, who is also the super-judge of the show, said that if Kapil is late we can shoot other sections of the show and the comedian can join them later. "Finally, he just cancelled it", said the source.
After his last appearance on TV at the Salman Khan hosted reality show Bigg Boss 11, Kapil Sharma again slips back into his "no-show" mode. He was going to share his experiences with the contestants of The Great Indian Laughter Challenge.
The stand-up comedian was all ready to tickle some amusing bones along with Akshay Kumar but could not reach the shooting venue as he was feeling a bit under the weather. Eli-Avram would have been a co-hosting with him. The comedian's film Firangi is about to release and he has started doing the rounds of TV shows to promote his movie. Earlier this year, he had to cancel shoots for several episodes of The Kapil Sharma Show.
This is not the first time Kapil's illness has forced him to withdraw his commitments. The contestant's antics and "latke-jhatke" made the comedian sweat and nervous.
Kapil Sharma's mother in extreme right
Set during the British colonial rule in India, the flick revolves around Kapil's character Monga, who, unlike his villagers, believes the British Raj is of no harm.
Directed by Rajiv Dhingra, Firangi also stars Ishita Dutta and Monica Gill in pivotal roles.
The movie 'Firangi' is all set to release on November 10, 2017.
- Emirates Places Order for 40 Boeing 787
- Russian Federation moves to label foreign media as 'foreign agents'
- StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty is free starting from today
- Stars arrive in Australia ahead of I'm A Celebrity
- Germany leaves it late to draw 2-2 with France, extend run
- Kim Kardashian Reveals Gender of Her Third Child on 'Ellen'
- Motorola launches 'Moto X4' with professional camera at Rs. 20999
- Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY) Ownership Decreased by Sound Shore Management Inc
- Central banks can't fight rise in asset prices explicitly: Fed's Evans
- Mohanlal wins his first Nandi award for Janatha Garage