As the Boston Celtics (12-2) look for their 13th victory in a row Tuesday night against the Brooklyn Nets (5-8) at Barclays Center, the team got good news earlier today when star point guard Kyrie Irving returned to the starting lineup.
Clear of any concussion-like symptoms, Irving's biggest obstacle to play through the minor fracture will come with a mask, for which he was fitted this past weekend.
Irving missed the Celtics' win over the Raptors on Sunday, but did participate in the team's shootaround on Wednesday morning, according to ESPN. It will be Irving's third time donning a protective mask, wearing an all-black, Batman-like one in 2012 against the Knicks because of a broken jaw, and again in 2013 with a broken nose. "But I understand that it's just for my safety so throw on the mask for a few weeks and go about my business".
Irving sustained a facial fracture when he was caught by the elbow of team-mate Aaron Baynes during Boston's 90-87 victory over the Charlotte Hornets on Friday.
And their All-Star duo of Kyrie Irving and Al Horford have already set up a strong understanding while Brad Stevens is already the odds-on favourite for Coach of the Year.
The point guard has gotten off to a great start to his Boston career, averaging 20.3 points off of 46 percent shooting from the floor.
- Kate's uncle hit wife 'after coke row'
- Beazer Homes USA Inc (NYSE:BZH) Stock Price While Sentiment Increases
- Crescent Point Energy Corp (TSE:CPG) PT Lowered to C$15.00
- Liverpool's Solanke hoping to revive 'friendly rivalry' with former teammate for England
- LA Kings Acquire Jussi Jokinen; Trade Mike Cammalleri to Edmonton Oilers
- People names Blake Shelton its Sexiest Man Alive 2017
- Kentucky wins close one against Duncan brothers, Vermont
- Trims Holdings in Archer-Daniels-Midland Company (ADM)
- 49ers' Marquise Goodwin appreciates flood of support
- Digging Up the Facts on Union Pacific Corporation (UNP)