Set against the backdrop of colossal Peru flags effortlessly cutting through the through windy Wellington air, I was left to reflect on the magnitude of the task awaiting New Zealand in the suffocating altitude of a stadium that has broken many hearts throughout this World Cup qualifying campaign.
However, Hudson believes the pressure is all on hosts Peru, who are aiming to secure their first appearance at a World Cup finals since 1982. Peru have the heavy favourites, paying $1.11.
Coach Anthony Hudson and Reid faced a huge posse of local media in the pre-match press conference, with nearly 100 journalists in the room.
"And because of that pressure, I think they're going to start very fast".
Hampton said he expects Peru to win tomorrow and qualify for the World Cup, but he said "stranger things have happened in football before and the All Whites seem completely unfazed by what they're facing and they're ready to give everything".
New Zealand captain Winston Reid, meanwhile, was only too happy to remind Peru of their own struggles when it came to qualifying for the World Cup.
"It's not easy to break down their defensive wall but we have to find every way possible to do it", Farfan told reporters on Tuesday.
"He'll be fine. Every day that passes he has been getting better", Hudson said.
Farfan, who plays his club football for Russian outfit Lokomotiv Moscow, will be Peru's chief attacking threat in the absence of Paolo Guerrero, who is provisionally banned for failing a doping test.
- How to watch the Leonid meteor shower at its peak this weekend
- Unnamed Actress Suing Harvey Weinstein in LA, Alleging Sexual Assault
- Formazioni ufficiali. Azzurri col 3-5-2, ci sono Jorginho e Gabbiadini
- Angola Diamond To Sell For USD30M
- Beazer Homes USA Inc (NYSE:BZH) Stock Price While Sentiment Increases
- Sean Hannity issues a tough ultimatum to Roy Moore over accusations
- Papa John's apologizes for comments made about National Football League players
- Singapore train collides with stationary train leaving 23 injured
- Vodafone Group PLC (VOD) Receiving Somewhat Positive News Coverage, Study Finds
- Roy Moore speaks at revival amid sexual misconduct allegations