Prime Minister Abbasi, while chairing a meeting on law and order situation in Balochistan, said that sacrifices rendered by all law enforcement agencies were unmatached for bringing peace in the province.
Chairing the meeting on development projects initiated under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) in Balochistan at the Governor's House, Prime Minister Abbasi said the socio-economic development of the people of Balochistan was a priority of the federal government.
Governor, CM Balochistan, Federal Minister SAFRON, National Security Advisor, Commander Southern Command, IGs FC, Home Minister Balochistan, Chief Secretary Balochistan, IG Police and other senior officials attended.
The premier met governor and chief minister of Balochistan as well as lawmakers from the province. He also held a high-level meeting at the Governor House in Quetta. He added that the federal government would provide 50 per cent of the funds for the plan while the provincial government would finance the remaining half.
He was of the view that, apart from CPEC related projects, the ongoing schemes inaugurated for stipulation of fundamental life amenities to people would guarantee a bright and prosperous future for Balochistan .
Under the newly-announced development project, all union councils in the province will receive electricity, water, gas, health and educational facilities, PM Abbasi told reporters.
Replying to a query, the prime minister said that the PML-N regime would complete its constitutional tenure and electoral process would commence in June as per constitution.
He added that an LPG plant was being set up in every district of Balochistan.
The prime minister directed the provincial government to delineate future planning in this regard and dispatch it to the federal government and these projects would be incorporated in the federal PSDP.
The Prime Minister on the occasion announced to chalk out a ten year development package for Balochistan.
The premier further said that the centre is ready to assist the province in any way it requires in the fight against terrorism.
- 5.4-magnitude quake hits South Korea: USGS
- Emirates Places Order for 40 Boeing 787
- Wholesale inflation surges to 6-month high
- Britain's Johnson to meet husband of aid worker jailed in Iran
- Panthers-Saints game on December 3 flexed to later start time
- Mohanlal wins his first Nandi award for Janatha Garage
- Wall Street Analyst's Guidance: McKesson Corporation (MCK), Caterpillar Inc. (CAT)
- House price growth accelerated in September, official figures show
- Golar LNG Partners LP (GMLP) EPS Estimated At $0.42
- StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty is free starting from today