Also Tuesday, the Redskins waived defensive lineman Brandon Banks and released defensive lineman Tavaris Barnes from their practice squad. They also signed running back Byron Marshall from the Philadelphia Eagles practice squad to their active 53 man roster.
The Tulane product, of course, entered his second season as the team's starting running back after recording 168 carries for 704 yards and six touchdowns as a rookie. Chris Thompson could also pick up a bit of extra work, and the Redskins presumably will sign a third running back. Foster's season ended last month because of a separated shoulder.
In 2013, Marshall recorded 1,038 rushing yards before collecting 1,003 receiving yards on 74 catches the next season. The team announced that starting running back Rob Kelley and linebacker Will Compton were placed on the injured reserve list.
Compton suffered a Lisfranc sprain, the same injury that forced defensive lineman Jonathan Allen onto the IR earlier this season. He has 36 tackles, three sacks, two passes defensed and has recovered two fumbles in that time. Matt Ioannidis, who has started at tackle in their nickel defense, has missed the last two games with a fractured left hand.
- Envision Healthcare Corporation (NYSE:EVHC)
- People names Blake Shelton its Sexiest Man Alive 2017
- 49ers' Marquise Goodwin appreciates flood of support
- Eagles of Death Metal in Surprise Return to Paris for Massacre Anniversary
- LA Kings Acquire Jussi Jokinen; Trade Mike Cammalleri to Edmonton Oilers
- Walker executive director to step down
- How to watch the Leonid meteor shower at its peak this weekend
- U.S. producer prices rise 0.4 in October on higher food prices
- Sweden Boss Responds To Rumours Of Zlatan Returning For World Cup
- The Salvation Army Kingston needs more volunteers for annual Kettle Campaign