At that, here's everything you need to know to get started.
Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty turned seven years old this year and apparently, a F2P model has been in the works for a while.
Don't be surprised if you have a little difficulty getting connected at first, or if the software produces a few unusual error messages - both of which happened to me along the way. So yep, despite going free-to-play, Starcraft II won't feature any extra currencies or microtransactions. Once you find it, click on your OS in the selection on the right, whether it's Windows or Mac.
Note: For new users, keep in mind that you'll have to come up with a BattleTag, which is essentially your online username.
KitGuru Says: StarCraft 2 is an excellent RTS, the campaign in particular makes the free version worth an install.
To no one's surprise, it's not the whole package.
As Blizzard announced back on November 5, the entire Wings of Liberty campaign is available in the just-unleashed free-to-play version (v4.0) of StarCraft II, and the unranked multiplayer ladder is also freely accessible from the get-go. You can access the Ranked Multiplayer ladder by completing 10 "First Wins of the Day" in Unranked Multiplayer or Versus AI modes. Those who already bought the game, they can instead get the expansion Heart of the Swarm, but only if they bought the game before November 8th and if they don't already have the DLC. They can then get the expansion by logging-in between Nov.8 and December 8, 2017.
You also get access to all multiplayer units in the Unranked Multiplayer and Custom game modes. While the co-op mode is free, and Raynor, Kerrigan, and Artanis can be played to maximum level, other co-op commanders are limited to level five (you'll need to buy them in order to push them beyond that limit). Incidentally, the new Commander Han and Horner, which is a team made up of Mira Han and Matt Horner, are also making their debut at the same time as the free-to-play launch.
- Wall Street Analyst's Guidance: McKesson Corporation (MCK), Caterpillar Inc. (CAT)
- Zimbabwe's army denies staging a coup, says President Mugabe is 'safe'
- Analyst Ideas For Two Stocks: Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK), Wells Fargo & Company
- Pessimists rule as wage growth stays slow
- Germany leaves it late to draw 2-2 with France, extend run
- What Does Wall Street Say about The Trade Desk, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTD)?
- Zynga Inc. (NASDAQ:ZNGA) 52 Week low stands at 2.4
- 5.4-magnitude quake hits South Korea: USGS
- Britain's Johnson to meet husband of aid worker jailed in Iran
- Pulling Back the Curtain on Essex Property Trust, Inc. (NYSE:ESS)'s Returns