Playing in-front of an expectant San Siro stadium, Italy's fans fully expected them to overturn Sweden's 1-0 deficit from the first leg in Stockholm.
Strikers Ola Toivonen and Marcus Berg may well feel aggrieved at the possibility of Ibrahimović returning for the World Cup, given that their efforts have lead to Sweden qualifying for the tournament.
Andersson even hinted that the 36-year-old wouldn't necessarily be picked given how, in his view, different Sweden's style of play is now compared to when Ibrahimovic was in the team.
However, when Andersson was quizzed about Zlatan after leading his country to an unlikely spot in next summer's showpiece in Russian Federation, he didn't sound as though he was too keen on drafting the Manchester United striker back into the fold.
"This is incredible! This player has just stopped to play with Sweden one year and a half ago and we are still here talking about him", Andersson grumbled.
"Zlatan is, as I expressed it, our greatest player of all time, a fantastic athlete in every way, but he has chosen not to take part", he told a news conference in Milan on Tuesday.
"What I wanted to say was that this was the demonstration that our collective acted like this during the whole length of the play-offs", Andersson added.
Mino Raiola would "personally deliver" Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Russian Federation 2018 if he could, and get him to play for his country one last time.
"We have many heroes tonight".
- Buhari Receives Chieftaincy Titles In Ebonyi
- Cardi B Reveals Outrageous Wedding Details
- State of Wisconsin Investment Board Acquires 93460 Shares of Amazon.com, Inc
- AbbVie Inc. (ABBV) EVP Michael Severino Sells 25633 Shares of Stock
- EnLink Midstream, LLC (NYSE:ENLC) Price Target Cut to $19.00
- Envision Healthcare Corporation (NYSE:EVHC)
- Jose Mourinho Has Identified His Top Target For January Transfer Window
- European Union working on a plan for the possible collapse of Brexit negotiations
- Australians decisively support same-sex marriage
- UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (UNH) Shares Sold by CIBC World Markets Inc