Seen as a reference to China's military manoeuvering at the South China Sea (SCS) which has cast a shadow over the ASEAN summit, Modi said India will continue its support to the ASEAN for achieving a rules-based security architecture in the region. The participating members of the 12th East Asia Summit are Australia, Brunei, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, the USA and Vietnam.
"Bilateral was mainly on economic issues, trade and investment was discussed". It said that they encourage all states to accede to and/or ratify and implement relevant worldwide instruments on counter-terrorism, implement relevant UN Security Council resolutions on counter-terrorism and the UN Global Counter-Terrorism Strategy, support the UN Office of Counter-Terrorism, and take note of the UN Secretary General Plan of Action to Prevent Violent Extremism.
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and Indian counterpart Narendra Modi agreed here Tuesday to jointly pursue a free and open Indo-Pacific region as well as address the North Korea issue.
"I had an excellent meeting in Manila". Japan, the U.S., India and Australia are envisioned leading the effort.
Speaking at a press conference with Malaysian journalists at the end of the 31st ASEAN Summit and Related Meetings on Tuesday, Najib said ASEAN was increasingly valued by world and regional powers for its strategic importance and position.
In his inaugural speech at the highly fortified Cultural Centre in Manila, Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte talked about various challenges facing the region and identified terrorism and violent extremism as threats that "know no boundaries".
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday strongly pitched for putting in place a rules-based regional security architecture, reflecting growing convergence among major players like India, the U.S. and Japan to have a coherent approach to deal with China's aggressive posturing in the Indo-Pacific region.
Investment from Asean to India has been over $70 billion in the last 17 years, accounting for more than 17% of India's total foreign direct investment.
He encouraged the 10+3 leaders to formulate a common passion in pushing for the swift conclusion of a regional trade agreement on the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP).
"We look forward to the East Asia Summit attaining greater salience in years to come".
- Trims Holdings in Archer-Daniels-Midland Company (ADM)
- Blanket Jackson receives freakish public message from Grandfather Joseph Jackson
- Vodafone Group PLC (VOD) Receiving Somewhat Positive News Coverage, Study Finds
- Crescent Point Energy Corp (TSE:CPG) PT Lowered to C$15.00
- Formazioni ufficiali. Azzurri col 3-5-2, ci sono Jorginho e Gabbiadini
- New Zealand brace for Peru onslaught
- California defendant faints after being found guilty in murder conspiracy plot
- How to watch the Leonid meteor shower at its peak this weekend
- Beazer Homes USA Inc (NYSE:BZH) Stock Price While Sentiment Increases
- Is MGM Resorts International (NYSE:MGM) A Safe Bet For Investors?