Allow extra travel time in the event of heavy traffic and delays, and check the weather along the route before hitting the road in case of any storms that may be coming.
The Portland International Jetport is projecting volume will be about the same as previous year, with about 36,000 people flying in and out of the facility over the holiday week, assistant airport director Zachary Sundquist said.
One of the overlooked parts of a auto is the battery. - On Black Friday, navigations will be at their highest from 11 a.m.to 3 p.m. local time. But AAA says higher gas prices aren't keeping people home.
Although construction workers will be off on Thanksgiving Day, lane restrictions on State Road 37 will remain in place.
Take breaks by stopping and resting when exhausted.
Triple-A projected that an additional 1.6 million will travel via rails, skies and roads when compared to the 2016 Thanksgiving holiday. "We encourage everyone to travel safely and limit risky behaviors like distracted or impaired driving". Nine out of 10 people will travel between Wednesday and Sunday.
About 28.5 million people across the country will be flying over the weekend.
Getting through airports may take longer this year.
National Weather Service meteorologist Matt Doody said aside from some possible showers Wednesday morning and over the weekend, the weather looks great.
"The actual holiday itself is pretty quiet", Doody said.
"There is no disturbance to anything that would affect passengers", she said. "There's like no traffic, which is like, amazing". "Maybe the TSA finally got their act together". "Get to the gate and make sure you're there". To make things even more manageable, visit MyTSA for update to date information on your airport's status and its security wait times.
An estimated 3.87 million Southern Californians are expected to travel during the holiday weekend - a 3.6 percent increase from previous year and the highest figure since 2007.
- What Do Analysts Suggest For Intel Corporation
- Latest Budget Gives The NHS £350m To Last The Winter
- NZ minister orders probe into 'impossible' maths exam
- Decision to release fishermen by Malaysia and Indonesia brought cheers
- Call of Duty Points Now Available in WWII
- Violence On Chennai Campus After Student Caught Cheating Hangs Herself
- Rangers hit Hurricanes early, hard in 6-1 win
- Despite stiff neck, Warner determined to play first Ashes Test
- Brokers Ratings on: Omega Healthcare Investors Inc. (NYSE)
- Three coffees a day keep the doctor away