Amongst the list of new features, the new iOS platform majorly includes Apple Pay Cash and faster wireless charging support for the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and the iPhone X, as well as fixes a date crashing bug that emerged last week on a large number of iOS devices.
The latest iOS 11.2 update is about 430MB and it varies depending on the device.
Apple has released the second major update to the iOS 11 OS - iOS 11.2 - which is now available on iPhone, iPad, and the iPod touch.
Phones with the glitch must have a notification feature, like a workout or medical app. This was expected as you may recall reports earlier that found that toggling off the radios via the revamped Control Center would not completely disable them, but keep them active in the background to allow users to connect their iPhone or iPad for AirDrop, AirPlay, Apple Pencil, Apple Watch, Hotspot, among others. Only when 600MB update is installed should users turn back on notifications.
Apple Pay Cash to send, request, and receive money from friends and family within iMessage app or by asking Siri via Apple Pay account.
On top of that, iOS 11.2 also adds support for faster 7.5-watt wireless charging on the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X with Qi-based charging pads. The update also comes with various bug fixes and improvements. The update adds support in Podcasts to automatically advance to the next episode from the same show, and real-time text (RTT) phone calls for the deaf and hard of hearing.
If you haven't already, tap on the Settings app, go to General, and perform a Software Update now. It is advisable to use a Wi-Fi connection to download the over-the-air update. However, this flaw can be resolved by a simple reboot.
The update fixes several issues in the iOS 11.
- Golden Krust CEO dead at 57
- McMaster: Potential of War With N. Korea Increasing Everyday
- Three takeaways from Saints' win over Panthers
- Warriors 30 assists lead to impressive win over Heat
- Billy Bush: Yes, Donald Trump, You Said That
- Southern California faces fire warnings amid dry, gusty winds
- Shohei Ohtani will not be signing with Yankees
- Fallen Kingdom' Trailer Teaser Finds Chris Pratt on the Run
- Nelson Agholor explodes in Eagles' loss on Sunday night
- Wildcats Draw Tough Matchup vs. No. 21 Northwestern