When does the skill of the top players who have won three Stanley Cups begin to emerge, allowing the Hawks to shed this current, middling version of themselves and become the contenders they have been the last decade? He has played five games at Washington, four at Capital One Arena and one at Nationals Park.
Craig Anderson stopped 19 shots in the Senators' ninth loss in 10 games.
Wayne Simmonds had a goal and an assist, and Jordan Weal, Dale Weise and Michael Raffl also scored for the Flyers, who were on an 0-5-5 run before Monday. "They're having some pretty good production right now". He's recorded a point in three straight games. On Wednesday night, the Capitals did it without top-six forward T.J. C Chandler Stephenson saw action after missing one game with an upper-body injury.
Crawford resumed skating in Chicago on Wednesday, so he's clearly making progress in his recovery from the undisclosed ailment that will keep him sidelined for at least two more games. Kane has never scored a goal AT Washington.
Nicklas Backstrom, who had a goal and two assists, Wilson and Alex Ovechkin, who scored his National Hockey League leading 21st goal, tallied in a span of 3:28 in the second half of the first frame. Two games away from tying his career-worst goal drought of 23 games, Backstrom swatted in Ovechkin's cross-crease feed 11:54 into Wednesday's game for his fourth goal of the season. "It was nearly like we gave the puck back to them just by putting it dead to net with no objective".
The second goal was all on Forsberg. Only 29 seconds later, Wilson's breakaway shot was turned away by Forsberg, but the rebound went through Artem Anisimov's legs and right to Ovechkin, who didn't miss from point-blank range. But that five minutes doomed them, and they didn't have the firepower to come back after Lance Bouma scored late in the first period to give them a little lift until Jonathan Toews scored on a breakaway late in the third.
"Obviously, we haven't been scoring three-, four-point nights every night, but I feel like we're getting better and better every day", Backstrom said.
- Injured Louis Oosthuizen pulls out of Joburg Open
- Trump's first year: Border crossings down, deportations up
- $13000 and Rising - The Price of Bitcoin Continues to Climb
- Jeffrey Tambor May Not Quit 'Transparent' After All
- Max Hospital case: Baby dies, father refuses to take body
- Kano Agog As Buhari Arrives For 2-Day Visit
- Manchester City to make January move for Arsenal star
- Mulvaney says no plans to fire United States consumer bureau's English
- Chinese military protests 'intrusion' of an Indian drone
- Stipe Miocic vs. Francis Ngannou set for UFC 220