World Player of the Year Ronaldo has only found the net twice in 10 La Liga games this season, but he broke two more Champions League records in the 3-2 win over Borussia Dortmund.
FC Basel are also through, defeating Benfica 2-0 to finish second in Group A.
Accordingly, both the sides are aware of the club they could potentially be up against in the final 16.
Atletico finished four points behind leaders Roma and runners-up Chelsea as they were consigned to Europa League football - a competition won on three occasions by the Spanish capital side and Oblak was left to rue the result.
The four teams to have secured second spot on Tuesday were Basel, Bayern Munich, Chelsea and Juventus.
Just a reminder that you cannot play opponents from the same country in the last 16 or teams you have played in the group stages.
That leaves only Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain and Besiktas as Chelsea's options.
Now that the group stage is over, here's everything you need to know for the Round of 16.
On the other hand, Italy's A.S. Roma has advanced to the round of 16 as group winners along with Paris St-Germain, despite their 1-3 defeat in Munich.
Manchester City: Basel (20), Bayern Munich (4), Juventus (5), Seville (7), Porto (12) or Real Madrid (1).
The Champions League last-16 draw will take place in Nyon on Monday, December 11 at 11am GMT.
Group winners are drawn against second place sides and play away first, with the second legs at home.
We're not saying English clubs and fans should not be excited and proud about the Premier League Champions League accomplishment, but it's worth keeping in mind how little has actually been accomplished so far.
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War
- Toys for Tots Shopping Day is Saturday
- 26th annual performance of The Nutcracker to benefit CMN
- Disney Pursuing 'Chicago' Director to Helm Live Action 'Little Mermaid'
- Hall of Fame Quarterback Warren Moon Sued For Sexual Harassment
- Giants, Marlins Put Public Onus on Giancarlo Stanton If Deal Falls Through
- Putin : Russian sports fans 'sad' about Olympic ban
- Prince George Had The Tiniest, Cutest Part In His School's Nativity Play
- Delta, American Airlines place restrictions on smart bags
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD) is Krensavage Asset Management LLC's 3rd Largest Position