Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi will travel to New Delhi to attend the meeting of Russia, India and China (RIC) Foreign Ministers on December 10 and hold talks with top Indian officials, his office announced on Wednesday. "The two top diplomats are expected to sum up the results of the Russian-Chinese strategic cooperation in the outgoing year and exchange views on the RIC (the Russia-India-China format - TASS) issues and some other pressing worldwide issues", she said.
Pakistan-based terror groups are likely to find a mention in the communique to be adopted at the Russia-India-China (RIC) trilateral meeting on Monday, a news report said.
Earlier this year, troops from the two countries were locked in a 72-day stand-off in the disputed Doklam plateau, a region that lies on the border between the state of Sikkim in India, Bhutan's Ha Valley and Tibet's Chumbi Valley. India objected to the construction highlighting its security concerns. Wang's visit would the first high-level trip by a Chinese official to India after the Dokalam standoff.
According to Zakharova, the Russian and Chinese foreign ministers will also have a bilateral meeting on the sidelines of the event.
"We believe under the joint efforts of the three parties, this meeting will achieve expected outcomes", he said ahead of the 15th RIC meeting.
Wang would be gracing an India-China cultural evening being organised at Pravasi Bhartiya Kendra.
- Manchester City to make January move for Arsenal star
- John Conyers Son and Heir Apparent Arrested for Felony Domestic Violence
- Flags to half-staff to remember day of infamy
- The Boring Company has published its tunnel map of Los Angeles
- Auckland City ousted from Club World Cup
- Even low-dose birth control pills can raise breast cancer risk
- Kim Davis denied him a marriage license. Now he wants her job
- Google is partnering with Qualcomm and MediaTek for Android Go devices
- Man charged with Prince George-related terror offence
- Police bodycam shows United States politician caught in hotel room with teen boy