The action plan also stated it will shut down all industries causing pollution and has laid a ban on the burning of waste.
Although the dates of the implementation of the odd-even scheme have not been specified as of now, sources in the Delhi government told Catch that the scheme is likely to take place before the end of year.
The government of NCT Delhi is equally responsible and it has to provide adequate finances which would help in providing a clean environment. The NGT gave the go-ahead to the government on the condition that women drivers and two-wheelers must be exempted. The entry of trucks in Delhi will also be banned when pollution levels are "severe'".
The Delhi government then filed a review plea stating that it sought exemptions due to inadequate numbers of public buses. "The Delhi government has not followed the promises it made". "The first line of the action plan should be that the air quality level in Delhi never be near the permissible standards. Sit with your respective chief secretaries and make a plan", Justice Kumar directed the Delhi government and neighbouring states - Haryana, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan. "It should be cumulative and there should be measures for moderate air quality, poor air quality and levels worse than that, including severe", observed the bench, asking the Delhi government for more clarity on each measure, including the road-rationing scheme.
- Premier League Legend Explains Why Manchester United Can Still Win The Title
- Officer who responded to Pulse nightclub massacre deemed unfit for duty, fired
- Women's Shelter hosting event to honour victims of Montreal Massacre
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War
- Giants, Marlins Put Public Onus on Giancarlo Stanton If Deal Falls Through
- Delta, American Airlines place restrictions on smart bags
- Celtic will be unseeded in Europa League knock-out draw
- Willie Taggart listened to his son, followed his dream to coach Seminoles
- Worldwide releases Court Declaration in Case against Kiss Daniel
- Stokes and Hales in England one-day squad for Australia