Time will tell if the Trump campaign colluded with Russian Federation.
Even Flynn's contacts with former Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak were in hopes of securing either a delay or defeat a United Nations resolution that would condemn Israeli settlements as a "flagrant violation under global law" that threatened the prospect of an independent Palestinian state.
The guilty plea and anticipated testimony of disgraced National Security Adviser Michael Flynn has led the Russian Federation investigation into new territory, with expectations that it may make a stop at a senior member of the administration en route to the center of the Trump universe.
Reports in both The Intercept and The Nation published Tuesday point to the lesser-covered news from former Trump adviser Mike Flynn's plea deal - that the transition team worked with Israel on their controversial (and arguably illegal) settlements in Palestinian territories. In one of them, Flynn asked the Russians to help block an upcoming United Nations Security Council vote condemning Israel's settlement policy.
Information from Flynn, who will face a minimal prison sentence after pleading guilty to lying about those contacts, could illuminate various threads of the investigation that tie to Kushner.
The Obama administration had made it clear that the US was planning to abstain on the resolution, while noting that "the settlements have no legal validity" and observing how "the settlement problem has gotten so much worse that it is now putting at risk the ... two-state solution".
- Ball State upsets Notre Dame with last-second 3
- Analyst's Discussions about this Stock: Lam Research Corporation (LRCX)
- Kano Agog As Buhari Arrives For 2-Day Visit
- Crypto-mining website NiceHash goes offline after hackers empty Bitcoin wallet
- Kepco selected as preferred bidder for Moorside nuclear project
- Northpointe Capital LLC Sells 69684 Shares of JP Morgan Chase & Co (JPM)
- Whistleblower To Dems: Flynn Promised Biz Associate He'd Gut Russia Sanctions
- Makar, Ferraro pegged to Team Canada's World Junior Championship selection camp roster
- LG V30+ India launch pegged for December 13
- Harbour Capital Advisors LLC Increases Stake in Broadcom Limited (NASDAQ:AVGO)