"I didn't play as many tournaments as I usually do previous year, with family issues", he said. The 2010 British Open champ hoped he'd feel better by the time this week's European Tour event started, but that hasn't been the case.
"I'm not anxious too much about length, because that's not much of an issue on either course".
"My mother-in-law was battling cancer". South African Darren Fichardt is the defending champ.
"But I have my caddie and yardage book‚ so I'm sure we will figure it out tomorrow and make some birdies‚" he said.
The 240 professionals will take to the immaculate and championship conditioned greens at Firethorn and Bushwillow courses at Randpark Golf Club starting Thursday before the cut is made at the close of play on Friday.
The 35-year-old jammed his fingers in an airport trolley on his way to Johannesburg, and on Wednesday was still unable to grip a golf club with his swollen fingers.
"I was so pleased when the pro-am on Tuesday was cancelled (because of heavy rain across Joburg) as I was able to get some rest, but the bad thing is the fingers were worse this morning".
"It's a bit of an unfortunate one, but I don't want to tee off on Thursday and play one hole or a few shots and then withdraw after taking someone's spot".
"I'm probably going to go do an X-ray today", Oosthuizen added.
America's Cody Martin replaces Oosthuizen in the field, with Mauritius Open champion Dylan Frittelli and Thailand's Jazz Janewattananond completing that threeball.
- Xiaomi looking for Mi A1 Android 8.0 Oreo beta testers
- Rr Advisors LLC Increased Western Gas Partners (WES) Stake
- Police bodycam shows United States politician caught in hotel room with teen boy
- John Conyers Son and Heir Apparent Arrested for Felony Domestic Violence
- Rupert Murdoch's House Among Those Under Threat From LA Wildfires
- Saudi prince is buyer of world's dearest painting, Leonardo's Salvator Mundi
- Auckland City ousted from Club World Cup
- Ball State upsets Notre Dame with last-second 3
- $13000 and Rising - The Price of Bitcoin Continues to Climb
- It star Jack Dylan Grazer joins cast of Shazam! as Freddy (Freeman?)