Following a breakout performance in New Line's box office record-breaker It, Jack Dylan Grazer has been added to the cast of the studio's DC Comic film, Shazam!. Grazer will join Asher Angel, who is slated to play Billy Batson; Zachary Levi, who will appear as Batson's alter ego Shazam; and Mark Strong, who is set to play the villainous Doctor Sivana. By saying the world "Shazam", teenager Billy Batson was transformed into the "world's mightiest mortal" and given extraordinary abilities by ancient gods.
Sandberg is on board to direct from a script by Henry Gayden and Darren Lemke. The film is being produced by New Line Cinema in conjunction with Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment.
Shazam! is expected to hit theaters in April 2019. The film is being developed concurrently with a project focusing on Shazam! villain Black Adam starring Dwayne Johnson. Grace Fulton (Annabelle: Creation) has also been cast in an unknown role.
Jack Dylan Grazer starred in IT, which was the highest grossing horror film ever, with $694M worldwide. Grazer is also known for his role on the recently-cancelled CBS sitcom Me, Myself, and I.
- Jeffrey Tambor May Not Quit 'Transparent' After All
- Trending Stocks in Review: AT&T, Inc. (T), Alibaba Group Holding Limited (BABA)
- Auckland City ousted from Club World Cup
- Police bodycam shows United States politician caught in hotel room with teen boy
- Ryan Reynolds as Detective Pikachu is a thing that is happening
- Flags to half-staff to remember day of infamy
- North Korean missile threat forced Singapore Airlines to reroute flights
- Bitcoin blows past $13000 for the first time
- Acquires 430 Shares of Amazon.com, Inc
- Saudi prince is buyer of world's dearest painting, Leonardo's Salvator Mundi