Following a breakout performance in New Line's box office record-breaker It, Jack Dylan Grazer has been added to the cast of the studio's DC Comic film, Shazam!. Grazer will join Asher Angel, who is slated to play Billy Batson; Zachary Levi, who will appear as Batson's alter ego Shazam; and Mark Strong, who is set to play the villainous Doctor Sivana. By saying the world "Shazam", teenager Billy Batson was transformed into the "world's mightiest mortal" and given extraordinary abilities by ancient gods.
Sandberg is on board to direct from a script by Henry Gayden and Darren Lemke. The film is being produced by New Line Cinema in conjunction with Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment.
Shazam! is expected to hit theaters in April 2019. The film is being developed concurrently with a project focusing on Shazam! villain Black Adam starring Dwayne Johnson. Grace Fulton (Annabelle: Creation) has also been cast in an unknown role.
Jack Dylan Grazer starred in IT, which was the highest grossing horror film ever, with $694M worldwide. Grazer is also known for his role on the recently-cancelled CBS sitcom Me, Myself, and I.
- Ball State upsets Notre Dame with last-second 3
- North Korean missile threat forced Singapore Airlines to reroute flights
- Rupert Murdoch's House Among Those Under Threat From LA Wildfires
- Manchester City to make January move for Arsenal star
- Flags to half-staff to remember day of infamy
- Aberdeen refuse Rangers permission to speak to manager Derek McInnes
- The Boring Company has published its tunnel map of Los Angeles
- Auckland City ousted from Club World Cup
- Acquires 430 Shares of Amazon.com, Inc
- Police bodycam shows United States politician caught in hotel room with teen boy