In late November, she thanked Lysette for speaking up about Tambor's alleged behavior and for suggesting an alternative way to continue the series without him. For instance, Mr. Tambor was widely believed to be leaving "Transparent" after he issued a statement saying, "I don't see how I can return".
Publicist Allan Mayer offered a more extensive explanation in the wake of more accusations from makeu partist Tamara Delbridge.
What he said was that given the toxic atmosphere and the politicisation on the set, it's very hard for him to see how he can possibly return. "But no final decision for next year has been made". He is now being investigated by Amazon and the circumstances surrounded the claims that he sexually assaulted an actress on the show and a former personal assistant. "This is no longer the job I signed up for", he said.
'I've already made clear my deep regret if any action of mine was ever misinterpreted by anyone as being aggressive, but the idea that I would deliberately harass anyone is simply and utterly untrue.
"We have our own complications on Transparent", she said.
There's been a great deal of discomfort from some of the show's fans that a show that has been otherwise progressive in hiring trans actors is still ultimately led by a cisgender man, and the sexual misconduct allegations obviously amplify that inherent problem.
IndieWire has reached out for an official comment from Amazon.
- Trending Stocks in Review: AT&T, Inc. (T), Alibaba Group Holding Limited (BABA)
- Celtic will be unseeded in Europa League knock-out draw
- Auckland City ousted from Club World Cup
- Bigg Boss 11, Day 66 written updates: Arshi Khan becomes new captain
- Lululemon athletica (LULU) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Needham & Company LLC
- John Conyers Son and Heir Apparent Arrested for Felony Domestic Violence
- Stokes and Hales in England one-day squad for Australia
- DNR Says Many More Deer Could Have CWD
- North Korean missile threat forced Singapore Airlines to reroute flights
- Is Buying Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) Here a Winning Strategy?