All five Timberwolves starters scored in double figures, led by Karl-Anthony Towns, who had 21 points, 12 rebounds and four blocked shots.
Yet neither victory over the Clippers came easy for the Timberwolves.
"I knew the game was on the line and I had to make those plays", Towns said.
The Clippers, who put up a vicious fight in their last match-up, have been hit hard with the injury bug already this season, with DeAndre Jordan surrounded by a bunch of players that are unrecognizable to even some of the keener National Basketball Association fans. The two are basically the only two Clippers capable of creating offense these days and they'll need to be on top of their game once again for the Clips to stand a chance. He is averaging 28.3 points per game in December's four games after averaging 17.9 points per game in November.
Minnesota Timberwolves center Karl-Anthony Towns, right, goes to the basket as Los Angeles Clippers forward Jamil Wilson defends during the second half of an NBA basketball game Wednesday, Dec. 6, 2017, in Los Angeles.
"When we just take [three-pointers], it makes us a better team", Teague said. "If that's what's necessary, that's what he'll do". With Jordan and the interior defense preoccupied with Towns, Gibson had a double-double in the first half and led the Timberwolves to a 62-49 halftime advantage.
The Timberwolves shot 54.9 percent from the floor.
They will still struggle to win games in the coming months, but at least they are finally getting Gallinari and Teodosić back.
He did more than just dunk, though, and provided critical energy on both ends as the Clippers trimmed a 19-point deficit in the third quarter to as little as three in the fourth. Austin Rivers erupted for a season-high 30 points on seven-of-ten shooting on 3-pointers, while Lou Williams added 23 points as he returned to his more familiar sixth man role.
- Rr Advisors LLC Increased Western Gas Partners (WES) Stake
- ValuEngine Upgrades Mylan (MYL) to "Buy"
- How Real-World Weather Will Now Change Pokemon Go
- Kano Agog As Buhari Arrives For 2-Day Visit
- Rupert Murdoch's House Among Those Under Threat From LA Wildfires
- North Korean missile threat forced Singapore Airlines to reroute flights
- Chinese military protests 'intrusion' of an Indian drone
- Google is partnering with Qualcomm and MediaTek for Android Go devices
- Xiaomi looking for Mi A1 Android 8.0 Oreo beta testers
- Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc (NASDAQ:WBA) Holdings Lowered by CQS Cayman LP