Rajasthan Home Minister Gulab Chand Kataria said it was shocking "how he killed the man and made a video of it".
Internet has been suspended in Rajasmand to prevent the circulation of the video allegedly shared by the killer himself, reported the NDTV. He has grandchildren. They butchered my father like animals before setting him on fire.
The accused -who was arrested, according to News18 on Thursday-had shot a video of the act and uploaded it on social media.
Police identified the half-charred body as that of Mohammed Afrazul (48), a native of Malda in West Bengal, who worked as a labourer and lived with his family in Rajsamand. The manner in which the crime is highlighted on social media shows that there is a deep conspiracy and big people are involved. Furthermore, the attacker can be seen saying in the video: "Jihadis, leave our country, else you will meet the same destiny". The police are still trying to verify the antecedents of the person whose body was found in semi-burnt state. The victim has been identified as Mohammed Bhatta Sheikh.
In another video, which is also going viral, Raigar is seen justifying the act as an endeavour to save a girl from "love jihad".
The term has been popularised by radical Hindu fringe groups, who accuse Muslim men of participating in a "conspiracy to turn Hindu women from their religion by seducing them".
"Prima facie, it appears that Regar killed the man and the man was dead when he set the body on fire", Rajsamand superintendent of police, Manoj Kumar, told the Hindustan Times.
The alleged perpetrator of the crime was arrested by police today morning. The dead man's slippers and bike were also found from the location of the murder.
- It star Jack Dylan Grazer joins cast of Shazam! as Freddy (Freeman?)
- Xiaomi looking for Mi A1 Android 8.0 Oreo beta testers
- Analyst's Discussions about this Stock: Lam Research Corporation (LRCX)
- Porn star August Ames found dead days after backslash for homophobic remarks
- Lexus LF-1 flagship crossover concept teased
- Google's Progressive Web Apps will replace Chrome Apps next year
- Australian lawmaker says uncertainty won't stop gay marriage
- Makar, Ferraro pegged to Team Canada's World Junior Championship selection camp roster
- 'Dreamers' Gather At University Of Houston To Ask Congress To Protect Them
- Crypto-mining website NiceHash goes offline after hackers empty Bitcoin wallet