Accompanied by second lady Karen Pence but not the president or vice president, the first lady landed at Corpus Christi International Airport in the morning and met with about 40 military officials and first responders at the hangar.
Trump and Pence plan to spend time with first responders who helped the region during the storm before traveling to nearby Rockport to spend time with a family whose home was almost destroyed by Harvey.
Trump and Pence visited Texas to see Hurricane Harvey victims and first responders, according to CNN. The father, a carpenter, intends to rebuild the family home himself, adds the source. You are lifting spirits and helping bring comfort to coastal families affected by Hurricane Harvey this Christmas season.
Trump and Pence will tour what's left of the family's former home and get a look at the Manufactured Housing Unit.
The motorcade arrived at Charlie Marshall Elementary School at Aransas Pass in the afternoon and they visited a fourth-grade class. Trump shook hands with the students, who were being taught the difference between facts and opinions. They will close their day at a food bank, thanking volunteers and sorting boxes of donations.
"Our hearts are encouraged by the people of Texas and their continued enthusiasm to help each other pick up the pieces and rebuild after Hurricane Harvey", said Mrs. Pence in the statement. "Each time I travel to a community damaged by the storm, I am reminded of the resilience and character of the people of Texas, and I was proud to get to show that off today".
- Q2 Loss from Juniper Networks Inc (JNPR)Shrinks -65% from Previous Quarter
- Anthem, Inc. (ANTM) Shares Bought by BRITISH COLUMBIA INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT Corp
- Delta, American Airlines place restrictions on smart bags
- Airtel joins hands with Intex to launch affordable 4G smartphones
- Roger Goodell signs contract extension as National Football League commissioner, per report
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War
- Has Prince Harry already asked brother William to be his best man?
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD) is Krensavage Asset Management LLC's 3rd Largest Position
- What Effect Has The Trump Administration Had On Immigration So Far?
- Time Magazine's 2017 Person of the Year is the Anti-Harassment Movement