By all accounts, Rousey's move to WWE wouldn't necessarily be full time because she's now in production on her next film role in the movie "Mile 22" where she will star alongside Mark Wahlberg, John Malkovich and "Walking Dead" star Lauren Cohan. In the case of Ronda Rousey, the WWE has been looking for "something more", and they've been recruiting the real-life wrestling fan pretty hard.
Mixed martial arts star Ronda Rousey may be nearing an agreement to finalize her long-awaited move to WWE, USA Today's Martin Rogers reported Wednesday.
A transition to professional wrestling wouldn't be surprising for Rousey. Now, it's quite possible that didn't directly factor in Rousey much, as this was about lower-tier broadcast fights rather than the better PPV fights she would have likely been in, but there was still maybe the idea of her showing up on some broadcast properties from time to time. "You name the place". "I'll be waiting to hear from you".
WWE essentially confirmed a deal with Rousey was in the works when it posted a video of the former UFC star in a stare down with wrestler Charlotte Flair back in September.
Duke and Shafir have reportedly also been training to cross over into pro wrestling.
This is huge news for all parties involved, and wrestling fans will immediately speculate about Rousey's WrestleMania booking.
Rousey has always been known as a big fan of pro wrestling, even as she rocketed to fame as a former Olympic bronze medalist in judo and then became a dominant force in MMA.
Ronda Rousey's Ultimate Fighting Championship career effectively ended a year ago, when she was beaten by Amanda Nunes inside 48 seconds.
That will nearly certainly stand as Rousey's final MMA fight, as even UFC President Dana White has said he doesn't expect her back in the octagon.
"She has talked about it and she's been on record saying WWE was probably some of the most fun that she's ever had in her entire career".
Production on "Mile 22" is expected to run until at least February with filming taking place in Atlanta. Rapidly. And it's just in time for a Wrestlemania appearance.
- What Effect Has The Trump Administration Had On Immigration So Far?
- Steam no longer accepting Bitcoin due to its volatility
- Delhi govt to follow court orders on odd-even exemptions
- Putin : Russian sports fans 'sad' about Olympic ban
- Officer who responded to Pulse nightclub massacre deemed unfit for duty, fired
- What does USA recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital mean?
- Worldwide releases Court Declaration in Case against Kiss Daniel
- Why Hugh Jackman turned down James Bond
- Willie Taggart listened to his son, followed his dream to coach Seminoles
- Women's Shelter hosting event to honour victims of Montreal Massacre