It has forced multiple evacuations and the 405 Freeway near the Getty Center was shut down.
But it's the smaller (comparatively) of the blazes that's now torching its way through the exclusive Bel-Air region, threatening scores of celebrity homes including that of News Corp boss and noted climate change denier, Rupert Murdoch.
"It was simply stunning", Murdoch told the Wall Street Journal after he bought the Moraga Vineyards estate. However, he believes " the winery and house are still intact".
According to the real estate news site Curbed, Murdoch's home was valued at close to $30 million when he purchased it. The property was evacuated but based on what we are seeing on TV there may be damage to some buildings in the upper vineyard area.
The billionaire's $28.8 million, 16-acre estate includes the home he shares with his wife Jerry Hall, along with a winery and vineyards-all of which are under threat from the wildfires. The disaster started with the Thomas Fire on Monday evening before four other fires started Tuesday afternoon.
The Skirball Fire in the area south of scenic Mulholland Drive and north of Sunset Boulevard is just one of several major out-of-control brush fires that have sprung up in Southern California since Monday, when Santa Ana wind conditions set in. Great wine, Moraga, owned by great Angelino, Tom Jones.
The fire captured in the video is part of the Skirball fire, which has burned through more than 150 acres, destroyed at least six homes, and sparked evacuations.
"I encourage everyone to heed the advice and orders of local and state officials", Trump wrote on Twitter.
- Stokes and Hales in England one-day squad for Australia
- ValuEngine Upgrades Mylan (MYL) to "Buy"
- Auckland City ousted from Club World Cup
- A must buy stock list of the day: Morgan Stanley (MS)
- Trending Stocks in Review: AT&T, Inc. (T), Alibaba Group Holding Limited (BABA)
- DNR Says Many More Deer Could Have CWD
- Bigg Boss 11, Day 66 written updates: Arshi Khan becomes new captain
- North Korean missile threat forced Singapore Airlines to reroute flights
- The Boring Company has published its tunnel map of Los Angeles
- Bitcoin blows past $13000 for the first time