The story is about a teenager who teams up with Pikachu in order to find his kidnapped father.
Despite that, "Detective Pikachu" is scheduled to start shooting in January.
Reynolds work does not stop at the voice of Pikachu, however.
Reynolds is expected to portray the iconic character through motion capture. Goosebumps' Rob Letterman will direct.
Ryan Reynolds thought he had a phenomenon on his hands when he hit it big with his passion project, Deadpool, but boy, he has no idea what awaits!
The Deadpool star has landed the title role in Legendary's Detective Pikachu, EW has confirmed. This is a sorta-adaptation of the video game Great Detective Pikachu, which was only released in Japan in 2016. Newton plays a sassy journalist who aids them on their search. Legendary intends for the feature to be the first in a new series of films that explores the Pokemon franchise from a fresh perspective. It will also be produced through Universal Pictures, who will distribute the film in the US and most global markets.
- USA healthcare spending growth slowed in 2016
- Man charged with Prince George-related terror offence
- Auckland City ousted from Club World Cup
- Premier League Legend Explains Why Manchester United Can Still Win The Title
- Kim Davis denied him a marriage license. Now he wants her job
- Prince George Had The Tiniest, Cutest Part In His School's Nativity Play
- Mariners, Angels each get $1 million for Ohtani from Twins
- North Korean missile threat forced Singapore Airlines to reroute flights
- Stokes and Hales in England one-day squad for Australia
- Even low-dose birth control pills can raise breast cancer risk