The story is about a teenager who teams up with Pikachu in order to find his kidnapped father.
Despite that, "Detective Pikachu" is scheduled to start shooting in January.
Reynolds work does not stop at the voice of Pikachu, however.
Reynolds is expected to portray the iconic character through motion capture. Goosebumps' Rob Letterman will direct.
Ryan Reynolds thought he had a phenomenon on his hands when he hit it big with his passion project, Deadpool, but boy, he has no idea what awaits!
The Deadpool star has landed the title role in Legendary's Detective Pikachu, EW has confirmed. This is a sorta-adaptation of the video game Great Detective Pikachu, which was only released in Japan in 2016. Newton plays a sassy journalist who aids them on their search. Legendary intends for the feature to be the first in a new series of films that explores the Pokemon franchise from a fresh perspective. It will also be produced through Universal Pictures, who will distribute the film in the US and most global markets.
- Man charged with Prince George-related terror offence
- Bigg Boss 11, Day 66 written updates: Arshi Khan becomes new captain
- The Boring Company has published its tunnel map of Los Angeles
- Auckland City ousted from Club World Cup
- Is Buying Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) Here a Winning Strategy?
- What does USA recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital mean?
- Baby wrongly declared dead dies, father refuses body
- ValuEngine Upgrades Mylan (MYL) to "Buy"
- A must buy stock list of the day: Morgan Stanley (MS)
- DNR Says Many More Deer Could Have CWD