That is, one that bores underground to create tunnels for high-speed skates to carry cars from point A to point B. Now the controversial genius has released a map of the grand plan for tunnels that will practically transform Los Angeles from below, revealing The Boring Company's not so boring ambitions.
The company said on its website that it "looks forward to receiving feedback from residents of the greater Los Angeles area on station locations and system improvements for Phase 2 and beyond". It sounds insane, but this is Elon Musk we are talking about and his tunnel company just posted a map of the proposed LA tunnel network. Boring Company's experience is in tunneling, suggesting that it would propose an underground system.
According to the company, the tunnel would be used for construction logistics verification, system testing, safety testing, operating procedure verification, and line-switching demonstrations.
As for fears of the tunnels collapsing during an quake, Musk said this was not something people would need to worry about. The phase one tunnel will not be open for the public until city officials and The Boring Company find their results to be successful. With a proof-of-concept tube already underway, The Boring Company has now expanded on its plans for the City of Angels, offering an idea of how a network of high-speed tunnels could take shape.
"First route will go roughly parallel to the 405 from LAX to 101, with on/offramps every mile or so". That would mean vehicles using an elevator to descend into the tunnel and those without cars using a shuttle bus.
Based on the red section of tunnel being roughly 6.5-miles long, you can work out the distance covered from end-to-end by the tunnel, taking you from Sherman Oaks to Long Beach Airport in just under 40 miles. It may not be as grandiose as colonizing Mars or even a hyperloop train, but, considering how closer to home it is, it is actually harder to get government approval, much less the public nod.
- Man charged with Prince George-related terror offence
- What does USA recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital mean?
- Delhi govt to follow court orders on odd-even exemptions
- USA healthcare spending growth slowed in 2016
- PUBG About To Double Its Number Of Map
- Prince George Had The Tiniest, Cutest Part In His School's Nativity Play
- Ronda Rousey's Move To WWE Reportedly 'Imminent'
- Stokes and Hales in England one-day squad for Australia
- DNR Says Many More Deer Could Have CWD
- Hall of Fame Quarterback Warren Moon Sued For Sexual Harassment