The beloved actor who brought Wolverine to life on the big screen for almost two decades is now promoting his latest movie, The Greatest Showman.
Daniel Craig eventually boarded the franchise as 007 in 2006 with "Casino Royale", three years after Jackman starred as Wolverine in "X-Men 2".
The comments on the subject weren't the first time Jackman has spoken about turning the role of 007 down.
Explaining why ultimately refused to play the tuxedo-clad James Bond, Jackman revealed, "I just felt at the time that the scripts had become so unbelievable and insane, and I felt like they needed to become grittier and real".
The Oscar-nominated actor's upcoming movie The Greatest Showman, which revolves around popular American showman PT Barnum and his journey, is slated for release in the United States theatres on December 20.
Daniel Craig took on the role of James Bond in movies since 2006
The search for a new Bond will be on again soon, with Daniel Craig set to leave the role after the character's upcoming 25th film outing.
Jackman recalled his agent telling him he doesn't "get a say" in the scripts and "just have to sign on".
Hugh Jackman rejected the role of James Bond because he felt the scripts had become "unbelievable and crazy".
He said he was "worried that between Bond and X-Men, (he'd) never have time to do different things".
Jackman said he hasn't looked back since taking a pass on James Bond, adding he "always tried to do different things". The film was a tremendous departure from the rest of the X-Men movie universe (Deadpool is also R-rated, but it's a comedy), rendering a wounded, soulful Wolverine on a quest for a little redemption in a ruined world.
Craig went on to star in four Bond films, with a fifth and final movie expected in 2019.
- Steam no longer accepting Bitcoin due to its volatility
- Overpowered New Gun Dominates Destiny 2 PvP
- Disney Pursuing 'Chicago' Director to Helm Live Action 'Little Mermaid'
- Preserve net neutrality: Letter to the editor
- Has Prince Harry already asked brother William to be his best man?
- Mysterious monster of a black hole puzzles scientists
- Q2 Loss from Juniper Networks Inc (JNPR)Shrinks -65% from Previous Quarter
- Airtel joins hands with Intex to launch affordable 4G smartphones
- Volkswagen executive gets 7 years in prison for emissions scandal
- Huawei P11 camera specs leak