Nigerian singer, Kiss Daniel who left his former record label G-Worldwide Entertainment to launch his own label "Fly Boy Inc", has been dragged to court for allegedly breaching the seven year deal he signed with his former record label in 2013.
According to a statement posted on Twitter, the lawyer, Oluwaseye Lawal says the label have nothing on his client, Kiss Daniel.
The label said the "upload, distribution, and or performance of any of the songs, as well as the use or exploitation of the name Kiss Daniel can only be done with its "prior written consent and permission".
They also insist that Kiss Daniel is yet to be officially served any letter or court document from his former label.
Posting on his Instagram today, he said: "Oluwatobiloba Daniel Dhikrullah Anidugbe, this is gonna be a sweet victory for you young man". "The company further warned the general public against contracting any business with Kiss Daniel".
According to G-WorldWide, the court order was issued by the federal high court, Lagos.
The court having heard the application considered it proper to grant an order of status quo dating back to the recording contract. Now, under the recording contract, Mr. Oluwatobiloba Daniel Anidugbe is not to use his stage name Kiss Daniel or publish or perform any of the songs without the express consent of G-world Entertainment. The termination was done in compliance with the provisions of the Recording Contract between the parties. We also have information that service of the process on Kiss Daniel was evaded yesterday morning when he was informed by his security guard that a court official had brought documents for him.
See the new statement and court papers below.
The attempt to mislead the public is unfortunate and disgraceful.
- Huawei P11 camera specs leak
- Toys for Tots Shopping Day is Saturday
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD) is Krensavage Asset Management LLC's 3rd Largest Position
- Has Prince Harry already asked brother William to be his best man?
- Time Magazine's 2017 Person of the Year is the Anti-Harassment Movement
- USA officials say Trump has cast wider net for deportations
- The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (GS)
- No Real contact with Icardi
- Women's Shelter hosting event to honour victims of Montreal Massacre
- Delta, American Airlines place restrictions on smart bags