The Android One software only heightens the performance since there is no bloatware to speak of, and updates will come in steadily. However, the device is yet to receive the Android Oreo update that the users are waiting for since its launch.
To make sure you're eligible, you have to download the MIUI Global Forum on your device and then apply from within the app. Users are required to submit the IMEI number of their device, which will be used to send the update over-the-air (OTA). The deadline for the application is 11:59 p.m. (UTC+08:00) December 11, and those selected for the beta test will have to join the Mi A1 discussion group to provide feedback. It is open to people from any part of the world. Interested? You'll need to download the MIUI Global Forum app from the Play Store, head to the Recruitment tab, fill out the requisite information, and hit Submit. Recently, the company announced that it is seeking beta testers for the Oreo update. Android 8.0 aka Android Oreo updates slew of updates to the phone like two times faster boot speed when powering up, AutoFill, picture-in -picture mode, Android instant apps, notification dots, redesigned emoji set and more. Unfortunately, we still haven't seen kernel sources released for the device so far which is hindering AOSP-based custom ROM development for the phone.
Xiaomi Mi A1 sports a metal unibody design and features 5.5-inch Full-HD resolution display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass protection on top.
In terms of hardware, the Mi A1 is packing a Snapdragon 625 processor coupled with Adreno 506 GPU.
- Flags to half-staff to remember day of infamy
- Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department Finds Actor Corey Feldman's Missing 1993 Tape
- Mulvaney says no plans to fire United States consumer bureau's English
- Trump's first year: Border crossings down, deportations up
- Ball State upsets Notre Dame with last-second 3
- Google is partnering with Qualcomm and MediaTek for Android Go devices
- Rr Advisors LLC Increased Western Gas Partners (WES) Stake
- Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc (NASDAQ:WBA) Holdings Lowered by CQS Cayman LP
- Chinese military protests 'intrusion' of an Indian drone
- Rupert Murdoch's House Among Those Under Threat From LA Wildfires